Absolute Frustration! An OC experience...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    I am not completely familiar with all the ccw laws in Kentucky(I should know since I live here) but I know black powder is not legally a firearm, so you may be able to carry one without a permit, not sure since I never looked into the idea of carrying BP but if I did it would be this.

Davide Pedersoli Howdah Hunter 20 GA. Pistol, Pistols & Revolvers, Black Powder, Shooting : Cabela's

I wish they made one in 12 gauge, but I can assure you a bad guy will **** a brick if you whip out one of those.

There is one with a stock in the rifle section,a stock you can buy separately, and a holster. If there were half that price I would get one right, but right now a bit high for BP for me.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    There ya go Cat. All your problems solved. A 20 gauge muzzle-loading sawn-off shotgun pistol. :p

Not sure about the whole "black-powder-not-a-gun" thing though. Sounds doubtful. Can we poll the audience?

Last edited:

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    by federal law a BP is not a firearm, you can buy one and have it shipped to you house, no ffl needed. The question is what does the state consider a weapon for the purpose of needing a ccw.

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    I have researched and came to the conclusion ky considers any thing that can fire a projectile and cause death a weapon needed ccw.

Oh well, I tried.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom