Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have an AR pistol (w/brace) leaning against the side of my work desk in my home office. It is loaded, chambered, safety on. Then in the bedroom I keep a P226 loaded on top of my nightstand w/WML. Then in the corner is a loaded, chambered AR w/WML, safety on. In my bedside gun cabinet, unlocked when I am home, is a Rem 870 loaded with 00 buck.

I can see that being necessary.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    For the longest time, I had youngens around and the only option was to "lock them or wear them". I no longer have that issue. I can safely leave my firearms strategically around the house. Everyone in the home is a responsible adult over 18 and well versed on their operation and usage.

I'd like my rifle to be more accessible. Right now, it's well secured and getting to it in a hurry would not be ideal. I can easily have it leaning in a corner, but now I'm concerned about someone breaking in and stealing it.

What options are there to strategically and safely position firearms around your house?

Lock it up when you leave. It is what we do. Just what you have to do. Pistols as well. Takes a minute.

My sentiments exactly! The few seconds it takes to lock-n-leave, can make all the difference in time, headaches, reports, etc. later!
    I keep a handgun on the night stand and a shotgun easily accessible nearby...
    In the morning, the shotgun goes back into the safe before I leave the bedroom, whereas the handgun is somewhere on my person.
    It only takes like 20 seconds to put the shotgun away and secure the door.
    Been doin' it this way since 1992...when one gets into the habit of doing something that works...just keep doin' it!

Top Bottom