• ...and so much more!
  • zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Product Catalog

In my opinion Bushmaster dropped the ball on this one. Here are a few points

-1:9 cold hammer forged barrels WOW. Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea?

-$2600/$3061 MRSP I find this absolutely ridiculous. It is made up of mostly previously existing parts, extruded aluminum and injection molded plastic.

-8.2 lbs for a 16'' rifle without a magazine or optics.

Will anybody here still end up buying it?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    meh........... lots and lots of meh.

now, whats wrong with cold hammer forged barrels? or is it the twist you dont like?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    now, whats wrong with cold hammer forged barrels? or is it the twist you dont like?

Nothing wrong with CHF, but pimping that fact, then making it a 1x9 twist is what has folks' panties in a wad. Everybody who is anybody was wanting/expecting a 1x7 barrel... like the Remington version has.

That's not as much of a deal-killer for me as the MSRP. But even THAT may not be a deal killer, as it has very little correlation to "street" or especially dealer pricing. More info will be made available this week; until then, all is speculative. It's also entirely possible that if this thing hits the market to a collective yawn, prices will come down rather quickly.

If dealer pricing comes in under $2000, I'll still bite, but I'm not exactly holding my breath at this point.

Like someone on another forum said, this is a lot like finding out that Christmas has been canceled this year. :tantrum:

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    Thats too bad, I was really hoping the ACR was going to be a semi-affordable option to the AR-15. Its pretty tough to cough up the cash and pay 3K for one rifle when I could buy 3 typical AR's for the same price:dunno:

Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    Wow, $3000.00 dollars, that would be one hell of an AR, one hell of a Sig P226, and one tricked out 870 for a three gun comp. They really did drop the ball!

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Is this thing heavier than the Sig 552 then? WOW! I thought it was supposed to be 'light'. I'm just gonna buy the latest XCR then, with all the new goodies for $1700.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Or a couple of SIG-556s or Robinson XCRs, or an LWRC and a half, or a SCAR-16S and some ammo. :D

This is totally just my opinion, I bought a brand new Robinson XCR 16in .223, i did not like it, the 2 stage trigger SUX, 5lb pull on both, if I didnt clean the rifle ALL the time it would malfunction, it would slam the bolt into battery & lock itself there, & i do mean LOCK, for $1700 i was not impressed. I sold it !! :twocents: I just tell you all this so noone goes out & purchase a $1700 rifle only to be as dissapointed as i was. Sorry if this is a thread Jack :dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    This is totally just my opinion, I bought a brand new Robinson XCR 16in .223, i did not like it

Every manufacturer sends out a :poop: now and then, and every platform has its detractors. I've read horror stories about the SIG-556 and SCAR, too.

But to be honest, of the alternatives I mentioned, the XCR would probably be among my last choices, but for reasons unrelated to the issues you may have had with your particular gun.

My :twocents:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Nope; got nothing to do with that. In fact, I wasn't even aware of the suit until earlier today. I could elaborate, but I don't want to take this thread any further afield than it has already gone.

dually noted. even with all the "ball dropping" by remington they will still make bank off the the ACR because they are a lot of people far richer and dumber than us willing to buy it.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I am out.

No reason this gun, the "enhanced" version, should cost more than $1500 retail.

I am also not too happy about the 1/7 twist.

So, again, I am out.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom