• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    For those that wish to attend the preclass at Bandana's, we'll meet shortly after 1500. ACT will be setting up the range prior to this, so we'll get there as soon as we are complete.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have a conflict and cannot make it. Will sell my slot for a discounted rate. Assuming the prospective buyer meets the criteria. If interested PM me.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    A couple of you asked for a slot, but have not sent in your paperwork. See Coach's post above.

We do not accept registration the day of the class without previous arrangements.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Eat hearty, Shoot well and run your mouth a LOT! People need to leave saying you were not wrong but that they did not like how you said or did it.

I will do my best to fill your shoes. No promises on the winning the dance-off with Rhino. That guy has some sick moves.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    How did it go?

This was a good class, it is something that I really don't practice and it opened my eyes to the difference between hand held lights vs the weapon mounted lights I would normally depend on.
    I liked practicing with the hand held and it gave me more confidence using one and shooting one handed.

I still like my weapon mounted but I am now more comfortable using either. Still need more practice though.

Well worth the time and money to attend.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I maintain numerous lessons learned from my two stabs at that class. Off the top of my head were

*get closer or get away
    *people like high dollar weapon mounted systems but probably aren't familiar with them enough not to suck the first hour of class. How's that gonna work out on the street?
    *muzzle flash blindness... stupid. How about surefire blindness? But you can't shoot in pitch black either so some light is necessary (which led to the next point)
    *most SD cases happen during the HOURS of darkness and not necessarily the STATE of darkness
    *shooting in the dark is hard. Either you really need to kill the bad guy: get closer. Or you need to focus on living longer: get further away.

Highly recommend this class. Not happy I missed it this year

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Due to some prodding by my brother and an influencing call from Grainger, I made the last half of the class.

I'm glad I did. It reinforced that I need to work on one hand shooting and light manipulation. I realized that my index was off with my light that greatly influenced my ability to see the sight and to shoot accurately.

Great time and lernin' was had

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Another good class from ACT. As others have stated, holding a light in one hand and finding your sight and shooting with the other takes a little practice.

Learned that I need some work on the light manipulation.

Highly recommend this class.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    1. I learned I would like to add a pistol mounted light to my EDC, but I don’t NEED to since I carry a handheld light.

2. Shooting one-handed, on the move is hard... more so in the dark while trying to coordinate a light in your off hand.

3. I can’t think of a scenario where night sights are really necessary, but I will still have them on my carry guns anyway.

4. A triangle is also called a “delta”.

As always, ACT classes are equal parts informative and fun.

Top Bottom