• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Based on my current roster, we can take four more at the most. If you want to do this, please contact us as soon as possible by email.

I'll send a confirmation and last minute instructions in the next couple of days to everyone who is registered.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    How many of us will be coming from the Bloomington area? Carpool? Anybody want to get together and eat supper before the drive over for the class? Is there a good place to eat close to Riley?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    How many of us will be coming from the Bloomington area? Carpool? Anybody want to get together and eat supper before the drive over for the class? Is there a good place to eat close to Riley?

I'm coming from Seymour but not sure if I'll be early enough for a meal. I was planning to go up 65 and over on 70, but I could just as easily take 50 to 446 to 46 through Bloomington and pick you up on the way...so long as you would be ok riding with someone you'd never met before.

I went to school in Terre Haute, but don't recall ever eating out in Riley. There is always Homey's BBQ in Terre Haute. Been a while since I've been there but think it is like 18th and College or something like that. Some of the best home-made BBQ around, and it is well known in the local area for it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I'm coming from Seymour but not sure if I'll be early enough for a meal. I was planning to go up 65 and over on 70, but I could just as easily take 50 to 446 to 46 through Bloomington and pick you up on the way...so long as you would be ok riding with someone you'd never met before.

I went to school in Terre Haute, but don't recall ever eating out in Riley. There is always Homey's BBQ in Terre Haute. Been a while since I've been there but think it is like 18th and College or something like that. Some of the best home-made BBQ around, and it is well known in the local area for it.

I hate to commit. My plans were to start meandering over that way middle afternoonish. I was hoping to get there a few hours early to sight in some rifles and stuff. I'll send you guys my digits anyway in case you decide to grab some grub nearby, (if you're not too particular about who you dine with.)

A couple things;

The bridge on 46 at Bowling Green is closed. Take the 246 detour suggested by the clearly marked signs. +10-15 minutes, if you don't get stuck behind any creepers in the hills and curves or run into cops on the straits.

The locals would know better, but I wouldn't venture into TH proper on a Saturday late afternoon with a time schedule to follow. There are fast food, Subway and authentic Mexican at 70/46 juntion 5 miles beyond Riley.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah if you guys decide to eat somewhere, let me know. Im north of TH so I would be up for what ever.

As for venturing into town on Saturday afternoon, its not to bad, just avoid the mall at all costs. After thanksgiving that place is a zoo every weekend. Homey's is excellent, but like Burl said the closest is the walmart area near the 70/46 intersection. There is a subway, decent mexican joint, sonics, McDs, and a Burger King, along with a pilot and thortons gas stations for all your roller of death cooked foods. ;)

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Charlie's isn't THAT far from there, either. You could get to Rollie's Pizza without venturing into town or going near the mall, too.

Top Bottom