• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Who would be interested in a Action Rifle match. Same type of stages you would see at the typical INMG match, but with a scenario theme for each stage. Rifle only.

Would be hosted by Hillside Shooting Sports in Roanoke, Indiana.

RULES:

Action Rifle Match Rules
    The following rules will govern the match.
    1. Safety Rules
    1.1 Participants are subject to procedural penalties or match disqualification for violation of any rule or regulation in sections 1 or 2.
    1.2 The Independence Day Action Rifle Match will be conducted as a COLD RANGE.
    1.2.1 COLD RANGE (definition): Participants firearms will remain unloaded at the match site except under the direction of a match official.
    1.3 Designated Safety Areas
    1.3.1 The Safety Areas will be clearly marked with signs.
    1.3.2 Unloaded firearms may be handled and/or displayed only in the Safety Areas.
    1.3.3 No ammunition may be handled in any Safety Area.
    1.4 Rifles
    1.4.1 Rifles must be cased or carried slung muzzle up between stages. If you take a rifle in a case to the stage, have the courtesy to be sure it is NOT pointed at anyone when it comes out of the case. Anyone who fails to do this correctly WILL be disqualified.
    1.4.2 Rifles must be carried with actions open and detachable magazines removed.
    1.5 "Negligent Discharge" is defined as the discharge of a firearm in an unsafe manner or unintentionally in which a projectile (bullet) strikes the ground within 3 meters of the competitor or range officer, or outside the confines of the backstop.
    1.6 A participant shall be disqualified from the Match for dropping a loaded firearm or dropping a firearm while in the loading/unloading process.
    1.7 A participant shall be disqualified for allowing the muzzle of his/her firearm to break the 180 degree Safety Plane.
    1.8 No participants or spectators shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs at the match site. Any participant found to be impaired and deemed unsafe as a result of legitimate prescription drugs may be directed to stop shooting and requested to leave the range.
    1.9 Eye protection is mandatory for participants, spectators & range personnel at the match site.
    1.10 Ear protection is mandatory for participants, spectators & range personnel while on or near a stage of fire.

2. Sportsmanship & conduct
    2.1 Participants and spectators are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous, sportsman-like manner at all times. Disputes will be handled promptly and fairly by the Match Director or by submission to the Arbitration Committee (aka the Match Director).
    2.2 Clothing with any offensive or obscene logos, sayings, pictures or drawings will not be worn or displayed while at the match site/range.
    2.3 Participants unable to control their temper, may have penalties added and or be disqualified from the match
    2.4 Competitors will pay the replacement cost of any props or range equipment damaged through their own negligence.

3. Ammunition
    3.1 No tracer, incendiary, armor piercing or steel jacketed ammunition is allowed.
    3.2 Rifle ammunition shall be .223 Remington (5.56 NATO) or larger.
    3.3 If a competitor’s ammunition punctures a steel target, they will pay for the replacement cost of that target.

4. Firearms
    4.1 All rifles used by competitors shall be serviceable and safe.
    4.2 If a competitor's rifle becomes unserviceable during competition, that competitor may replace his/her rifle with another of the same model, caliber and sighting system approved by the Match Director or his designee.
    4.3 For purposes of this ruling, a "rifle" consists of a specific caliber, receiver, barrel, stock and sighting system combination.
    4.4 The same rifle system, for each gun, per Rule 4.3, shall be used during the entire match.
    4.5 Competitors will not reconfigure any rifle during the course of a match. (i.e. change caliber, barrel length, sighting systems or stock style.)

5. Firearms Classifications
    Non-Magnified Rifle: Irons or 1 non-magnified optic, Compensators must be less than 1” diameter X 3” length, no bipods allowed
    Magnified Rifle: 1 Magnified Optic, Compensators must be less than 1” diameter X 3” length, no bipods allowed
    Open: Rifle: No limitations on accessories
    Trooper: No limitations on accessories.
    • Troopers must carry all ammunition they will use for the entire match on every stage.
    • Troopers are required to participate in all physical challenges
    • Troopers must use the same rifle for the duration of the match, or have tools/cleaning equipment/parts with them to fix it if it stops working.
    Failure to comply with any of these rules will drop the shooter out of Trooper into whatever division their rifle would put them in.
    Any questions on equipment/classifications ask at shooter’s meeting.

6. Scoring – PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!
    6.1 Scoring per stage will be straight time with penalties added in the form of time.
    6.1.1 Any cardboard target, designated as a "shoot" target must meet one of the following conditions to be considered neutralized. The bullet hole must be inside of or break the edge of the perforation for the scoring zone to count.
    Intermediate Rifle Cartridges(223/5.56, 5.45x39, 7.62x39, 6.8 SPC):
    1 A Zone
    2 Hits anywhere
    Battle Rifle Cartridges ( .308, .30-06, 7.62x54R, 8mm Mauser )
    1 Hit Anywhere
    *Headshot is defined as breaking the neck perforation or higher
    6.1.2 Scoring and penalties on paper targets:
    a. Meeting any of the conditions listed above in 6.1.1 = no penalty
    b. Single non-neutralizing hit = 5 second penalty
    c. Target hit, but not Neutralized = 10 second penalty. Target has holes in non-scoring areas as prescribed by the course of fire but none in scored areas. Steel has been hit, but has not fallen.
    d. Clean paper targets (no hits), unbroken frangible targets, or un-hit steel targets = 25 second penalty. It does not matter if the target was shot at, no hits will incur this penalty.
    6.1.3 Paper targets used in the match will be USPSA/IPSC Targets.
    6.1.4 “No Shoot” Targets will be USPSA/IPSC targets. The way targets are defined as no-shoots may vary from stage to stage to encourage target identification.
    6.1.5 Knock down style targets (i.e. poppers) must fall to score.
    6.1.6 Swinging style rifle targets must be struck solid enough to cause the hidden "flash card" to be visible to the R.O. and R.O. may call hits.
    6.1.7 Procedural penalties, 10 seconds per shot, may be assessed for failing to follow the stage directions as written in the stage description.
    6.1.8 Procedural penalties, 10 seconds, may be assessed for failing to follow stage procedures.
    6.1.9 Stage Not Fired (SNF) penalty, 500 Seconds
    6.2 Competitor Placement
    6.2.1 Lowest Total Time wins for each class, and over all. This is a total time match. If a competitor does very poorly on one stage, it may cost them the match, even if they are first place on every other stage. Shoot well and make sure your equipment works, and you will have no problems.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would love to see something like this flourish in Indiana. Is there any possibility to do a match like this at Wildcat? I realize you guys are already really busy with Multi gun there, but I think having it at Wildcat would draw more Indy shooters. If it is not possible, I understand.

shopgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Jon, very interested. It would give me a reason to to dig out the DPMS LR 308. A question, if one wanted to use a 3 gun cart , would the same safety rules apply as in the 3 gun series. Thanks, Jim Shema

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    no date set, still gauging interest, and to be honest, trying to find the time to run it. With having 12 Multigun events to coordinate for INMG, plus working at Hillside and Fuhrman Precision for a total of 68 hours a week, dont have much time to do anything else.

This will happen though at some point this year.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    6.1.1 Any cardboard target, designated as a "shoot" target must meet one of the following conditions to be considered neutralized. The bullet hole must be inside of or break the edge of the perforation for the scoring zone to count.
    Intermediate Rifle Cartridges(223/5.56, 5.45x39, 7.62x39, 6.8 SPC):
    1 A Zone
    2 Hits anywhere
    Battle Rifle Cartridges ( .308, .30-06, 7.62x54R, 8mm Mauser )
    1 Hit Anywhere
    *Headshot is defined as breaking the neck perforation or higher
    6.1.2 Scoring and penalties on paper targets:
    a. Meeting any of the conditions listed above in 6.1.1 = no penalty
    b. Single non-neutralizing hit = 5 second penalty
    c. Target hit, but not Neutralized = 10 second penalty. Target has holes in non-scoring areas as prescribed by the course of fire but none in scored areas. Steel has been hit, but has not fallen.
    d. Clean paper targets (no hits), unbroken frangible targets, or un-hit steel targets = 25 second penalty.

Not clear on 6.1.2(c) ....

example w/ .223 on uspsa paper...

1A = good.
    2D = good.
    1C = 5 sec (b)
    no hits = 25 sec (d)

so what scores under (c)? A quick read of the bold part says 1C = 10 sec... but I already scored that as 5 sec per (b).

So.... What is a "non-scoring area?" Is that like painted-on hardcover? And what is a hit in a "non-scoring area?" That sounds like a miss to me.

-rvb

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    correct, non-scoring area would be painted on hard cover. This is the rule set for the Action Rifle competitions that are done at USSA, just using them as they already came up with them and its less thinking for me.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    correct, non-scoring area would be painted on hard cover. This is the rule set for the Action Rifle competitions that are done at USSA, just using them as they already came up with them and its less thinking for me.

ok, thanks for the clarification.

I've not yet shot a match under the 1-A or 2-brown rules before. going to have to get out the timer and do some experimentation....

-rvb

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Alot easier with a pistol than a rifle since you have more open field of view. Rifle I find myself slowing down to much, pistol ill do it if the targets are all close and it's got 18-20 pistol paper.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Jon, very interested. It would give me a reason to to dig out the DPMS LR 308. A question, if one wanted to use a 3 gun cart , would the same safety rules apply as in the 3 gun series. Thanks, Jim Shema

sorry Jim I didn't answer your question before. Yes you are more than welcome to use your 3gun cart, and the same safety rules will apply from Multigun to Action Rifle.

I am going to put the Action Rifle Rules and the date when we get one set up on IndianaMultigun.com just so its in one spot.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    as of right now it's looking like just one match because of the busy schedule for INMG. I'm going to see about a end of April match date. Be a good way for everyone to get theit rifles out at distance before the May match at Hillside

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Nope, when we get the match date set, just show up day of and you are good to go.

I'm also looking at possibly doing a Rifle/Pistol match at some point at Hillside.

Top Bottom