• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Yup, Limited(Irons/Red Dot), Scoped(Tac Optics), Open, Trooper(Open but no cart, no going back to your car for anything, you gotta carry everything you need for the entire day)

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    An Action rifle match would be a good time to incorporate a .22lr division. Any of the long range stages would be a serious challenge, but could be fun too. No steel at close range that has to fall so calibration isn't a issue

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    HCFG? where is that?

I'm looking into what we can use for 22lr targets. Probably some steel knock downs at 100 to simulate out to 400 for the other divisions.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Last edited:

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    I'm changing this up a bit. Its going to be a Carbine/Pistol match. BE SURE TO BRING A SLING AS WELL.

Divisions and rules will be the same as the INMG divisions with the exception of I'm adding a WWII division.

Rifles - Any rifle in common use during WWII by the ALLIES(we don't want no stinkin Nazi's or Jap's) - ie M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Mosin Nagant, British Enfield(303), M1903.
    Handguns - M1911(Government model only), Nagant Revolvers etc.

No optics on any of them. And for bonus points, if you shoot in this division and dress up in period uniform and gear, your entry is on the house!

All stages will have a scenario based theme. I'm going to aim for June as that month has the most time between events for INMG. If turn out is good enough, I'll try another in September.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    it's not the date, it's the equipment change.
    -rvb

edit: wait... I initially read it as you were changing to all WWII.... now I see that is just an addition to regular divisions. Im' back in.

(would still prefer rifle only, I can shoot pistol any weekend)

-rvb

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    If people would prefer it to be just rifle ill leave it at that. I'm just exploring the option of doing away with Shotguns, as I think that drives a lot of shooters away from 3gun.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Either way works for me. I like to practice changing from one weapon to another within a stage, but rvb is right, its a lot harder to get good tactical rifle practice in. Hopefully it will be a weekend when I'm around. And hopefully, we will have ammo to shoot, lol.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    If people would prefer it to be just rifle ill leave it at that. I'm just exploring the option of doing away with Shotguns, as I think that drives a lot of shooters away from 3gun.

I would still participate w/ pistol.... it's just from a competition standpoint I can go shoot pistol probably 5-10 places around the state any given weekend. Practical rifle is limited so -my- preference would be to get as much trigger time on it as possible. Some people put an emphasis on "the transition," so if having pistol helps make your event a sucess, go for it!

I am in that bucket of having held off so far on 3G due to SG. I need to buy something usable (have a deal w/ the wife I can buy an auto SG once I loose a certain amount of weight..). Most of what I see it seems SG reloading is the most important skillset, and I don't see much "practical" value from flying targets. Just my outsider observation, right or wrong.

That said, I do hope to make 1-2 3G matches this year, and if I can get a SG of my own by year's end, maybe enter the series in '14.

-rvb

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I would still participate w/ pistol.... it's just from a competition standpoint I can go shoot pistol probably 5-10 places around the state any given weekend. Practical rifle is limited so -my- preference would be to get as much trigger time on it as possible. Some people put an emphasis on "the transition," so if having pistol helps make your event a sucess, go for it!

I am in that bucket of having held off so far on 3G due to SG. I need to buy something usable (have a deal w/ the wife I can buy an auto SG once I loose a certain amount of weight..). Most of what I see it seems SG reloading is the most important skillset, and I don't see much "practical" value from flying targets. Just my outsider observation, right or wrong.

That said, I do hope to make a 1-2 3G matches this year, and if I can get a SG of my own by year's end, maybe enter the series in '14.

-rvb
    IMO shotgun reloading is the "skill" portion of that weapon, as far as time goes.

shopgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    As a change of pace, I would prefer rifle only. My L R 308 doesn't get nearly enough trigger time.

Top Bottom