Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I can only imagine the chaos this mus have caused in the Las Vegas hospital ER's. They had to have been overwhelmed.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    I agree. Apparently ANTIFA sees it otherwise. I don't think the shooter fits the typical ANTIFA profile though, at least from an age standpoint. Like T. Lex said, they may just be using it for "marketing".

Quite of few of the ANTIFA in that age range. Many of the left-over hippies never really grew up and they still need a place to hang out where they feel important.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Prayers for the injured and the dead. Prayers for the families, first responders, etc.

Finally... Prayers for our country that we don't mistake tragedy for opportunity.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Quite of few of the ANTIFA in that age range. Many of the left-over hippies never really grew up and they still need a place to hang out where they feel important.
    IIRC the left-wing-nut who fired on GOP congressman at baseball practice was in that age group.

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    My hat is off to all the first responders and off-duty medical personnel coming in to help with the mass casualty situation-those are never good and a cluster to manage.

I only watched one video and the irregular but steady tempo of fire made me think he used a gat crank. Maybe had the gun on a tripod or something.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Good point. I realized there were some in that age group that may be sympathetic to their cause, but most of the footage I've seen of the "active" members (demonstrations and whatnot) were younger. Any speculation at this point though is just that... speculation. It will be interesting to see where the investigation leads as to motive, if anywhere.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    If this was an attention seeker, then the media needs to stop publishing his name. Make him anonymous. If you want to publish details of his life/background so we can being to try to dissect his sick mind, fine, but leave his name blank.

Sometimes these idiots get glorification from the tragedy.

Even if this guy is dead, someone else will see it as a way to enshrine *their* name in infamy.

Prayers going out to those affected and for our country.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    With all the video I still am unable to see any flashes from the muzzle. Shouldn't we be able to see muzzle flash?
    No, probably not on phone video.

Mythbusters did a thing on this.

IIRC, the shooter was at 200m and a "normal" load was very hard to see during the daytime. They had to use a "Hollywood" load to be clearly visible.

Now, at night, obviously, it would be easier to see with the human eye/brain, which can focus incredibly well on a specific spot. At 500m, cellphone video would be hard pressed to clearly show the flash with other light sources all around.

IMHO.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good point. I realized there were some in that age group that may be sympathetic to their cause, but most of the footage I've seen of the "active" members (demonstrations and whatnot) were younger. Any speculation at this point though is just that... speculation. It will be interesting to see where the investigation leads as to motive, if anywhere.

Agree.

The "street-level" antifa we see caught on video certainly tend to be younger, at least it seems that way to me...but someone has to be funding those little street warriors, and older people tend to have better access to funds and materiel. There could well be merit in this line of thinking, but I don't want to be too quick to lay blame on antifa until there is proper cause to do so. Part of me just doesn't want to see this as political violence brought from one group of Americans onto another.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    BBC reporting that there were an estimated 22,000 in attendance at the festival.

Wonder what kind of security Lollapalooza will have next year.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I wonder how far in advance the room was booked, and whether that specific room - or one on that floor, in that wing - was requested.

Top Bottom