Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Informative list of facts gleened from statements of the authorities:

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...re-latest-las-vegas-sheriff-press-conference/

Including this:

Was the car parked in line of sight from his firing position? Possible diversion by shooting into the car with the "boom" from the tannerite and the cook-off of 1,600 rounds?

Dang!

I'm not sure the separate containers would reliably set each other off, but if they did...

Daaaaaang!

Still makes me wonder why he didn't do what you describe. Perhaps, as a novice at this, he simply forgot in all the excitement of his fantasy playing out. He sure would have had the opportunity to move his vehicle during his stay in the suite to a spot that was "reachable."

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Anyone know what kind of car it was? It's just, with 10 suitcases (apparently) and all the stuff still in the car, does it all fit at once?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm wondering about your view as the US as a "militaristic society". I'd say most don't know Sun Tzu from General Tso. We have a standing military but this ain't Sparta. Countries like the ROK with conscription I would see as more militaristic than say Iceland (which has no military, just a strategic location) which would be a zero on the militaristic scale. Is it a "The US will kick ass when most of the world is having a latte" thing?

Dammit, man, now I'm hungry.

These things tend to move further away from any ideological motive. To me, it seems more likely that he decided on someplace close to home to simplify the logistics of getting all the arms and ammo to the site.

Also, still no explanation of the blue hose. Could he have had some sort of hydration bladder, like the military uses in the desert environments? That could be part of what makes the authorities say he was planning some sort of escape.

I only saw that photo briefly, but that looked like smurf tube to me. Its a flexible conduit for wires.

Informative list of facts gleened from statements of the authorities:

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...re-latest-las-vegas-sheriff-press-conference/

Including this:

Was the car parked in line of sight from his firing position? Possible diversion by shooting into the car with the "boom" from the tannerite and the cook-off of 1,600 rounds?

I thought the car was in the garage under the hotel?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i read mandalay found him on their security footage from 2011. Can you imagine archiving that much data for that long???

and will there ever be another event at that facility? Can you metal detector the grasss when its's all said and done?

No grass at the mudic festival. Its a huge parking lot area. American ninja is filmed there as well. All blacktop so no left over lead.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I only saw that photo briefly, but that looked like smurf tube to me. Its a flexible conduit for wires.
    Ah! Might've been for the cameras? Figured he'd go wifi, but something like that might make sense if he was kicking it old school with wired devices.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Dang!

I'm not sure the separate containers would reliably set each other off, but if they did...

Daaaaaang!

Still makes me wonder why he didn't do what you describe. Perhaps, as a novice at this, he simply forgot in all the excitement of his fantasy playing out. He sure would have had the opportunity to move his vehicle during his stay in the suite to a spot that was "reachable."

My hunch is the corner of the surface lot across from the jet fuel tanks, trunk facing his position. Either lacked opportunity, or more likely, lacked ability to make the 600-800 yard shot. Also, that location would tend to "drive" those fleeing away from him back into or across his zone of fire.

ETA:

I thought the car was in the garage under the hotel?

I had not seen that... if so, possibly effective diversion while escaping... did he have another car stashed on the opposite end of the garage?

Additional ETA: video of 50 lbs of tannerite in a car @ 0:55:

<span style="font-family: Verdana">[video=youtube;7DK_pw2tq2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DK_pw2tq2Q[/video]

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Dear Jimmy Kimmel: it is fascinating that 500 innocent people get shot and your anger is directed at me. Think about that.

It's because of people like you, people like the murderer was still able to gain access to those (what we're now being propagandized as) better than military grade weapons.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Many of those on this site and throughout the U.S. have the knowledge to pull off something much worse than this. In my opinion it is not a good idea to be posting "if I did this, I would have"s.

Bump stocks were made for fun. This jerk used them for evil.

Reading alot, not every post, I am not sure where I stand on the banning of them. I am normally rabid 2A. Many here are vehemently opposed, others are reasoned, and some resigned to the "fact" that the anti's will win this one. In my experience with leftists the reasonable will lose.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Here comes the full on FBI cover up. Got news.com has posted the following.

authorities have similarly been piecing together information that shines light on the sophistication of the attack. “Paddock also had an electronic signal jamming device active and that is why the cameras were all out on the floor,” the ATF official explained.

No video! How convenient...

Come'on man according to his brother this guy was a genius , he's " the one " , a regular " Neo " .

Never mind ALL the other coincidences taking place in and around this event around the same time , it's all perfectly normal .

I say there's plenty of video .

I'm wondering about your view as the US as a "militaristic society". I'd say most don't know Sun Tzu from General Tso. We have a standing military but this ain't Sparta. Countries like the ROK with conscription I would see as more militaristic than say Iceland (which has no military, just a strategic location) which would be a zero on the militaristic scale. Is it a "The US will kick ass when most of the world is having a latte" thing?

Our country has been at war and involved in armed conflict throughout much of it's existence . We have bases / soldiers everywhere still .

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I haven't read all 200 plus pages of this thread, maybe it's here somewhere.

I would like to see some numbers. How many rounds fired, were all rounds fired from an ar15 or was there some ar10's in the mix, how many of the hundreds of "wounded" were hit by gunfire as opposed to stampede injuries. It would seem to me that after five days they would have had time to count shell casings and sort calibers, triage numbers should be available from the hospitals.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kimmel is nothing more than a leftist douche.

Even recently, he didn't used to be... or at least wasn't as loud about it. He was pretty even when it came to touching on political subjects.

Shame he changed so quickly into a hack... there really is no place on TV for conservative voices.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Many of those on this site and throughout the U.S. have the knowledge to pull off something much worse than this. In my opinion it is not a good idea to be posting "if I did this, I would have"s.

Bump stocks were made for fun. This jerk used them for evil.

Reading alot, not every post, I am not sure where I stand on the banning of them. I am normally rabid 2A. Many here are vehemently opposed, others are reasoned, and some resigned to the "fact" that the anti's will win this one. In my experience with leftists the reasonable will lose.

I suspect the anti-gun zealots will win as far as bump-fire goes. They have--as far as the media is reporting--the NRA's approval. If it is an inevitability, I'd rather it came from the ATF. If there's a law passed, it won't be just bump-fire. There'll be some nasty crap that gets added in.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Even recently, he didn't used to be... or at least wasn't as loud about it. He was pretty even when it came to touching on political subjects.

Shame he changed so quickly into a hack... there really is no place on TV for conservative voices.

Hell, I'd settle for moderate voices. Not even many of those anymore.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I haven't read all 200 plus pages of this thread, maybe it's here somewhere.

I would like to see some numbers. How many rounds fired, were all rounds fired from an ar15 or was there some ar10's in the mix, how many of the hundreds of "wounded" were hit by gunfire as opposed to stampede injuries. It would seem to me that after five days they would have had time to count shell casings and sort calibers, triage numbers should be available from the hospitals.

They haven't counted the rounds yet. The mentioned that in the last press conference. I think I heard that most of the injuries (and obviously all the deaths) were from gun fire. I doubt anyone was seriously injured by "stampeding".

I bet the round count comes in somewhere around 1000-1500. The sheriff did say that when the he fired at the security guard who came to the door, based on his own estimate he reckoned he fired 200 rounds into the hallway! It made a hole big enough for them to see a rifle on the floor inside the room.

Top Bottom