• ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    US official: Naval Station shooting suspect was Saudi aviation student; authorities investigating if terrorism-related.

How does a Saudi national get a handgun in Florida? How does he get it on base?

More importantly, why are we still training Saudi aviators? I remember another situation around 9/11/01 that didn't work out so well for us. Yes, I know that wasn't military, but still ....

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    More importantly, why are we still training Saudi aviators? I remember another situation around 9/11/01 that didn't work out so well for us. Yes, I know that wasn't military, but still ....

We had a bunch of FN aviator students just go POOF a couple years back, yet we are still training FN’s to fly our equipment.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

We've been training foreign aviators from "iffy" nations for eons. My pop trained a lot of different nationalities, Army Aviation, at Fort Rucker. And when you think back then, it was an open post, and families neatly huddled together; there was a lot of potential for things to go really badly.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Six Saudis are arrested over Pensacola naval base shooting including three who FILMED the attack by countryman who killed three and wounded eight before being shot dead - as FBI probes terror link

Ummm... Ya think??

So, basically the shootings at Pearl Harbor and Pensacola re-demonstrate that disarming the main population doesn't disarm the criminals/terrorists.

The Daily Mail article had a pic of an MRAP, Crestview PD. Crestview is in Okaloosa County which is two counties east and 60 miles away. Stock photo or did the Crestucky (Fort Walton Beach folks call it Crestucky) PD head west?

Being videoed? If this is what I'm afraid it is, this is a serious problem.

Training FN military: it's something we do. We were on Eglin AFB (Ft Walton Beach) where they now do International training for the F-35 last September. I couldn't tell you how many countries and services were represented and that was just in the BX food court at lunch. It's not just Joint Warfare (US Military in all branches and lets face it, as recent as 1983 in Grenada we couldn't talk on the radio to each other) it's Combined (everybody in the fight on our side) and Coalition (think NATO in Europe and with ROK forces on the Korean Peninsula). If we didn't train them and practice with them would the vaunted Iraqi Republican Guard have surrendered to news crews in 1991?
    Anybody else starting to think P-Cola NAS wasn't a hard-target like you'd expect?

And last and least there was this:

Supporters of tighter gun laws seized on the latest shooting.

'Our veterans and active-duty military put their lives on the line to protect us overseas -- they shouldn't have to be terrorized by gun violence at home,' Cindy Martin, a volunteer with the Florida chapter of Moms Demand Action whose daughter works at the naval base, said in a statement.

It's called terrorism, was 9/11 plane violence?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Of course he did...

Has anyone seen the names of the deceased?

[h=1]Naval Air Station shooter wrote manifesto condemning US as 'nation of evil:' report
    [/h]The Saudi national who opened fire in a classroom at a naval air station in Florida Friday morning, killing three before being shot dead by officers, condemned the United States as a “nation of evil” in a post online, reports say.

Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, who was said to be a second lieutenant in a flight training program for foreign military personnel at Naval Air Station Pensacola, posted a short manifesto to Twitter where he claimed to be “against evil,” AFP reported, citing the SITE Intelligence Group.

“America as a whole has turned into a nation of evil,” the post reportedly continued.
    According to SITE, a group that monitors jihadist media, Alshamrani allegedly wrote in this manifesto that he “hates” Americans for their supposed crimes against Muslims and “humanity.”

"I'm not against you for just being American, I don't hate you because your freedoms, I hate you because every day you supporting, funding and committing crimes not only against Muslims but also humanity," he wrote, according to the report.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/naval-air-station-shooter-manifesto-us-nation-of-evil

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wonder how far removed from the House of Saud this mother****er is? Cousin, nephew, grandchild? Nothing more has been said about the Pearl-Hickam shooter, was he possibly radicalized? Barely anything on the news about JEB Story? I’m not buying the coincidences?

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wonder how far removed from the House of Saud this mother****er is? Cousin, nephew, grandchild? Nothing more has been said about the Pearl-Hickam shooter, was he possibly radicalized? I’m not buying the coincidences?

Pearl Harbor shooter had a Hispanic surname and last I saw had some Article 15 and "counseling" (means something different in UCMJ opposed to civvie world, not sure which one) issue. Said shooter had problems with Commanders (probably the one who gave him the Art 15??)

Art 15 is not punishment, it is a rehabilitation tool for minor offenses (which in .mil and UCMJ world mean a lot different things than civvie world). If he received additional duties/restriction under Art 15, would you hand him a weapon?

Much Paul Harvey here.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Pearl Harbor shooter had a Hispanic surname and last I saw had some Article 15 and "counseling" (means something different in UCMJ opposed to civvie world, not sure which one) issue. Said shooter had problems with Commanders (probably the one who gave him the Art 15??)

Art 15 is not punishment, it is a rehabilitation tool for minor offenses (which in .mil and UCMJ world mean a lot different things than civvie world). If he received additional duties/restriction under Art 15, would you hand him a weapon?

Much Paul Harvey here.
    Hispanic surnames mean nothing, Art15’s and Counseling Statements mean pretty much nothing. I’m not convinced that coincidences such as these three are coincidences. Hispanics can be radicalized, as well as wholesome white guys(Johnny Walker Lindh anyone’s) three attacks in one week makes convincing of the narrative a pretty tough sell to me!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

They bought US-made aircrafts worth billions of dollars (F15 and others), those contracts include training the pilots. :dunno:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    The responding sheriff's deputies acted swiftly and bravely. I commend them for it. But, what does this say about our military bases when they (our military) cannot respond to an active shooter? A military base, our ARMED forces. There are millions and possibly billions of dollars of aircraft and other equipment on that base. Are we not protecting it and the personal manning it? I just dont get it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The responding sheriff's deputies acted swiftly and bravely. I commend them for it. But, what does this say about our military bases when they (our military) cannot respond to an active shooter? A military base, our ARMED forces. There are millions and possibly billions of dollars of aircraft and other equipment on that base. Are we not protecting it and the personal manning it? I just dont get it.
    I heard that our military should feel safe from gun violence on base? Yet personally owned firearms on base are next to verboten, and issue firearms are safely locked away from all but a few.

Top Bottom