• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Brings up a discussion point: in a restaurant, place of worship, office, etc, are there anything that can provide cover? I remember back in the day we'd said the desk the Army uses (those grey metal ones) could stop a tank round. I'm guessing a 9 will punch through anything now days.

I've actually thought about this a fair amount. Most weekdays, I'm carrying a laptop bag with... a laptop in it. I figure those layers of leather, paper, and computer will stop most rounds. In fact, I don't even need the rounds to be stopped, I just need them to slow WAAAAY down.

Anything that has layers of resistance is better than nothing. (Do telephone books still exist in the wild?)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Brings up a discussion point: in a restaurant, place of worship, office, etc, are there anything that can provide cover? I remember back in the day we'd said the desk the Army uses (those grey metal ones) could stop a tank round. I'm guessing a 9 will punch through anything now days.

How about those Army cafeteria trays. The early ones were steel before they went to aluminum.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A gun in my hand, and a really thick book in front of my chest. That sounds like a plan.

(A particularly robust book at my pelvic girdle would probably be valuable, too.)

(Far more robust than average.)

As blind as I'm getting with my reading vision, my Bible is a bit thicker than most folks'. :D

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is a great article, well worth the read.

I would like to quote it in it's entirety, but I got in trouble for that once.

Sultan Knish: God and Guns in the Synagogue

“If someone comes to kill you, get up early to kill him first,” the Gemara, the Babylonian Talmud, that massive encyclopedic work codifying Jewish law, advises.

Mel Bernstein of Dragon Arms offered local Rabbis in the area free handguns or AR-15s, along with training and ammunition.

“You have to have the tool to fight back, and this is the tool,” the Jewish gun store owner said.

The choice between self-defense and gun control is at also a choice between dependency and independence. It’s the quintessential dilemma out of which the United States of America was born.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Pennsylvania law sounds a lot like Indiana's preemption statute. I'm still waiting for the rest of the story on why not one individual in the synagogue was armed, except for the murderer.

The Pennsylvania General Assembly has made clear that firearms laws are a state matter and that it is unlawful for the state’s political subdivisions to regulate firearms. 18 Pa.C.S.A. § 6120, concerning the “Limitation on the regulation of firearms and ammunition,” states,

No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There are several articles up thread that state that Jewish people are beginning to see the need for training and bearing arms.

I think that for years they have believed "It could never happen here."

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

Top Bottom