• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hope all these Do Gooders remember their passion for Hate Crime legislation when they stand before the loved ones of some murdered soul and try to explain that their loved one's death doesn't matter as much as someone in a special category.

Kill them all (murderers) with the death sentence, let God sort them out.

As I tend to agree with the last sentence I will respond to the rest in this manner.

We are all born into this country with the same package of rights as anyone else born into this country (legally of course) no more and no less. All of this special status protected classes Bull**** is just wrong. Wrong. If I am mad enough to kill you I already hate you regardless. That you may be a specific color or religion makes no difference. If we are all truly equal under the law then this hate crime **** has to go away.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    As I tend to agree with the last sentence I will respond to the rest in this manner.

We are all born into this country with the same package of rights as anyone else born into this country (legally of course) no more and no less. All of this special status protected classes Bull**** is just wrong. Wrong. If I am mad enough to kill you I already hate you regardless. That you may be a specific color or religion makes no difference. If we are all truly equal under the law then this hate crime **** has to go away.

A non-discriminatory murder revision.

I like it. :yesway:

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    CM, sadly I cannot give you any rep till I spread some around. :(

When we carve out sections of the population to be deemed 'special' we set forth unnatural hierarchy's that create levels of distraction from the true subject matter. In this case, peaceful people were murdered in cold blood. Where is the true outcry for that? (without tripping over labels, sects, politics, or agendas) I cannot imagine the heartbreak of the families touched by this tragedy. It adds a layer of extreme sadness that it happened in a place of worship; it does not make their death more heart wrenching to the families or any more illegal than murder already is. I can only hope that justice is served swiftly and that no other individuals are moved to such violence.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think that if you can be given a longer sentence for a "hate" crime, then that should just be the standard.

I also think our country has an issue with criminal justice in general. If a man's sentence is 15 years, then why do we continue to punish him after he is let out? Just make everything a life sentence and be done with it. Or expunge records when a person is released. These half measures don't do anything for anyone.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I think that if you can be given a longer sentence for a "hate" crime, then that should just be the standard.

I also think our country has an issue with criminal justice in general. If a man's sentence is 15 years, then why do we continue to punish him after he is let out? Just make everything a life sentence and be done with it. Or expunge records when a person is released. These half measures don't do anything for anyone.

So I take it after the person is released he should have all his rights and privileges restored? On the surface that makes sense. So, you won't have a problem with a former child molester being a daycare worker or Grade School Teacher, once this person has done his time?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So I take it after the person is released he should have all his rights and privileges restored? On the surface that makes sense. So, you won't have a problem with a former child molester being a daycare worker or Grade School Teacher, once this person has done his time?

Particularly since my impression of prison is it is like Grad School for criminals.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That is very kind. Amidst all of the rancor, it is nice to be reminded that there are good people of every race, ethnicity and religion who see the tragedy here and weep with those who weep.

Not according to CNN:

[video=youtube;qSx7Vzc-fYE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSx7Vzc-fYE[/video]

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

If they are rehabilitated yes. If they are not rehabilitated, why are we letting them out?

IMO, most jail time is not long enough, or the rehabilitation programs don't work, based on recidivism rates.

Of course, recidivism could be caused by ex-cons not being able to find work or a place to live.

The whole system needs to be fixed.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I see there were anti-Trump protesters in Pittsburgh.
    It's a shame they hate Trump more than they respect the mourners.
    It seems that hate is the thing at which the Trump opponents are best.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Taking a page from the Westboro "Baptist Church" playbook, I see.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Taking a page from the Westboro "Baptist Church" playbook, I see.

Perhaps they thought if they just asked Trump and his Jewish family members not to come then Trump would just blow off the funeral like when McCain told the bouncer to keep Trump out of his funeral.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Please tell me they have signs, "God hates trumpers".

Well their signs had similar language, just a little more course.

Class

103018pittsburghprotest.jpg

[STRIKE]Cl[/STRIKE]ass

1540969770_donald-and-melania-trump-protests-at-pittsburgh-synagogue-memorial.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Trump recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and relocates our Embassy there.
    But still people think that Trump hates Jews? Whats that about?

I mean come on, the dude gained one of the biggest never-Trumpers out there. Roseanne Barr changed her allegiance because of the Israel thing.

Top Bottom