3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    ACT proudly offers this class:

Where: Marian County Fish and Game
    When: Saturday May 28th 3:00pm to 7:00pm
    Cost:$65
    Round Count: 300-350 rounds

The shooter will need 350 rounds, eye and ear protection, magazines, gun, holster open mind.

This class is a great fit for someone wanting to improve their marksmanship. The shooter looking for skill improvement should sign up for this class. The class is a good fit for competition and defensive skills. The topics covered will be: draw stroke, magazine changes, target to target transitions, shot calling, snapping of the eyes. This class will teach essential shooting skills.

Your spot in this class is not held until your payment and registration form is received. First come first served.

Email me for registration forms.

aron@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Awesome! I MAY be able to make this one.

Guys, this is an awesome class. I've taken it once before, and it's well worth it.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This class will fit with those who want to improve marksmanship. It does not matter if the marksmanship is for competition or self defense it will apply to both worlds. A holster is required for this course.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Not seeing many registrations yet. Anyone thinking of signing up there is room. You do not have to be a member of MCFG.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You will enjoy it!

We've had a lot of repeats in this class. Most of the fundamental skills that are covered are the same, but 1) each class is a little different, and 2) all of us can use some drilling on fundamentals occasionally!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Starting to get a few in but there is room. We are limited in class size so do not delay too long.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I had a good question via pm about holsters for this class. The requirement is have one. We do not specify or prohibit any type of holster. Bring what you train with or carry with, or compete with.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had a good question via pm about holsters for this class. The requirement is have one. We do not specify or prohibit any type of holster. Bring what you train with or carry with, or compete with.

Given that, some will serve you better than others.

Ideally your holster will do the following:

1. Cover the trigger guard completely
    2. Allow reholstering with one hand
    3. Strong side

Part two is usually the problem for some floppy fabric or suede holsters. You will be drawing and reholstering multiple times during this class, and you need to be able to do it with one hand (i.e. not using the other hand to hold your holster open).

Ultimately, as long as it's not a safety problem, you can use what you bring and we'll find a way to make it work for you.

If you don't have a holster for you gun, I might have one to loan for you, especially if you use a Glock or a 1911. I'll need to know well in advance, though.

If you're shopping for one, the best bargain right now is the Blade-Tech Millenium, which is about $20 for an excellent holster. The Uncle Mike's Kydex is also a good deal, and they offer it for many different weapons.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Ok what’s the IP stand for? Intermediate Pistol maybe? I noticed your classes are numbered also. Is there prerequisite for the 101? I am interested in this class and the defensive pistol class in June. Not that I know everything but I don't think the basic is for me.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Ok what’s the IP stand for? Intermediate Pistol maybe? I noticed your classes are numbered also. Is there prerequisite for the 101? I am interested in this class and the defensive pistol class in June. Not that I know everything but I don't think the basic is for me.

IP is intermediate pistol. There is no prerequisite for this course. I do not know your ability level so I cannot judge about where to start. But IP is the place for most to begin. Send me an email for the forms.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    IP is intermediate pistol. There is no prerequisite for this course. I do not know your ability level so I cannot judge about where to start. But IP is the place for most to begin. Send me an email for the forms.

email sent, thanks

I shoot competively NRA Bullseye but little expereince shooting from the draw. I wanted to give some different matches a try this year and was hoping this class would give me an head start. My home range is running a pistol match each month, you have to draw and shoot and I stink.

Top Bottom