• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't see Dilbert being in too many newspapers or bookstores after this.

YouTube link for those who don't have Twitter. Scott Adams at 2:36, for those that are as annoyed as I am with blah blah blah YouTube talking heads:

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Huh. The full clip sure listens a lot differently than that edited bit... *shocked face*

"Bold Justice" has a real firm grasp on effective argument techniques as well. The reply thread is hilarious.

Will Adams get cancelled? Maybe. Is this yet another rage culture drive-by smear? Probably. But hey, some people just love to be worked up.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Huh. The full clip sure listens a lot differently than that edited bit... *shocked face*

"Bold Justice" has a real firm grasp on effective argument techniques as well. The reply thread is hilarious.

Will Adams get cancelled? Maybe. Is this yet another rage culture drive-by smear? Probably. But hey, some people just love to be worked up.
    Well, he said what he said. Not sure how it's a "smear" when he said it on his own show.

You seem to think that the full clip somehow makes this better? In what context is calling black people a "hate group" and telling white people to "get the **** away from black people" not just a little, teeny, maybe tiny bit racist?

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yup, he said what he said. Dont agree with it, either. I love how you are just regurgitating what the pundits say he said rather than using full quotes. But, that's been the slope you've been skiing lately.

You: "calling black people a 'hate group'"

Adams: “If nearly half of all Blacks are not okay with white people—according to this poll, not according to me, according to this poll—that’s a hate group."

You: "telling white people to 'get the **** away from black people'"

Adams: "And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to white people is to get the hell away from black people. Just get the **** away. Wherever you have to go, just get away. Because there’s no fixing this. This can’t be fixed.”

Even my quotes are missing context drawn from inference and and other statements within the "rant".

I'm not a fan, and I don't agree with his stated worldview in many instances. Always been a little off to me. Now he interprets Rasmussen and quotes Don Lemon and people lose their dang minds. Is Adams a racist? Maybe. But I have a hard time taking this podcast as the epitome of modern white supremacy.

Stay ragey, my friends.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just don't give a **** anymore.

When everything is "racist", nothing is "racist".

And on top of that, being perpetually offended has GOT to be exhausting. On the radio this AM I heard somebody getting butthurt because they dared refer to some lady of color in her early 20s as a "young black woman". She wasnt offended because of the race word. How dare they refer to her as a YOUNG black woman!

I forget the term they used, but they were butthurt that they would mention her age when attempting to describe her in basic details that anyone not present would understand for context.

You literally cant do ANYTHING without p***ing off these folks. They just HAVE to be offended at SOMETHING at all times. You can NEVER say the right words EXACTLY the right way they want it said without causing offense.

Its exhausting to me just watching them be offended over literally everything.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    And on top of that, being perpetually offended has GOT to be exhausting. On the radio this AM I heard somebody getting butthurt because they dared refer to some lady of color in her early 20s as a "young black woman". She wasnt offended because of the race word. How dare they refer to her as a YOUNG black woman!

I forget the term they used, but they were butthurt that they would mention her age when attempting to describe her in basic details that anyone not present would understand for context.

You literally cant do ANYTHING without p***ing off these folks. They just HAVE to be offended at SOMETHING at all times. You can NEVER say the right words EXACTLY the right way they want it said without causing offense.

Its exhausting to me just watching them be offended over literally everything.
    So, you agree that you should just stay the **** away from them?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh. And as said, he already has his money.

Besides, I read some of his newer work. Its not that funny. Or I'm not on the same page as him anymore comedically. Either way, I dont think he will be hurting unless somebody goes too far and tries to PHYSICALLY cancel him.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, you agree that you should just stay the **** away from them?
    F*** YES!

Oh, wait, do you mean blacks, or woke whiny a** liberals in general? Because I meant WWALs. I know plenty of cool black folks. We get along just fine. Its the WWALs I want less than zero to do with. (no matter the race)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yup, he said what he said. Dont agree with it, either. I love how you are just regurgitating what the pundits say he said rather than using full quotes. But, that's been the slope you've been skiing lately.

You: "calling black people a 'hate group'"

Adams: “If nearly half of all Blacks are not okay with white people—according to this poll, not according to me, according to this poll—that’s a hate group."

You: "telling white people to 'get the **** away from black people'"

Adams: "And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to white people is to get the hell away from black people. Just get the **** away. Wherever you have to go, just get away. Because there’s no fixing this. This can’t be fixed.”

Even my quotes are missing context drawn from inference and and other statements within the "rant".

I'm not a fan, and I don't agree with his stated worldview in many instances. Always been a little off to me. Now he interprets Rasmussen and quotes Don Lemon and people lose their dang minds. Is Adams a racist? Maybe. But I have a hard time taking this podcast as the epitome of modern white supremacy.

Stay ragey, my friends.
    I merely paraphrased. The full quotes don't make it any better. Unless you don't think it's any big deal to advocating staying away from an entire group of people because of their skin color, based on a poll.

No rage here. Just interesting when the mask falls off.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Oh. And as said, he already has his money.

Besides, I read some of his newer work. Its not that funny. Or I'm not on the same page as him anymore comedically. Either way, I dont think he will be hurting unless somebody goes too far and tries to PHYSICALLY cancel him.
    I don't think that's really the point. Cool take, though. I guess.

:):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    F*** YES!

Oh, wait, do you mean blacks, or woke whiny a** liberals in general? Because I meant WWALs. I know plenty of cool black folks. We get along just fine. Its the WWALs I want less than zero to do with. (no matter the race)
    It's funny that I've never seen the acronym WWAL, but I'd bet money that it's White Woke Ass Liberal?

Nobody mentioned them, but again, cool story, bro.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's funny that I've never seen the acronym WWAL, but I'd bet money that it's White Woke Ass Liberal?

Nobody mentioned them, but again, cool story, bro.
    Speaking of twisting words and always aggrieved. Tread lightly my friend. Because you know EXACTLY what I meant since it is spelled out in the sentence above it. Stop purposefully twisting words to cause arguments. mmmkay? :popcorn:

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I merely paraphrased. The full quotes don't make it any better. Unless you don't think it's any big deal to advocating staying away from an entire group of people because of their skin color, based on a poll.

No rage here. Just interesting when the mask falls off.

Better? Different? Skin color was the BASIS for the poll. 50ish percent of BLACK respondents reported that they were not ok with the phrase "its ok to be white". Adams then makes his statement regarding the RESPONDENTS of that poll.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that we will just keep talking past each other.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Better? Different? Skin color was the BASIS for the poll. 50ish percent of BLACK respondents reported that they were not ok with the phrase "its ok to be white". Adams then makes his statement regarding the RESPONDENTS of that poll.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that we will just keep talking past each other.
    Mmm hmm.

:coffee:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Speaking of twisting words and always aggrieved. Tread lightly my friend. Because you know EXACTLY what I meant since it is spelled out in the sentence above it. Stop purposefully twisting words to cause arguments. mmmkay? :popcorn:
    Well, I've received no infractions or PMs telling me that I'm doing anything wrong, so I don't get where this is coming from.

We can go to PM if you'd like.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, I've received no infractions or PMs telling me that I'm doing anything wrong, so I don't get where this is coming from.

We can go to PM if you'd like.
    No we will keep this in the open. You purposefully twisted my words when the acronym was clearly Woke Whiny A** Liberal.
    I was simply stating that you needed to chill. That kind of intentional twisting of words is not appropriate. So Kut it out. Seriously.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't see Dilbert being in too many newspapers or bookstores after this.

YouTube link for those who don't have Twitter. Scott Adams at 2:36, for those that are as annoyed as I am with blah blah blah YouTube talking heads:

This isn’t indicative of Adams being a racist per se. An Identitarian, definitely. If the poll says that almost half of blacks say this, that means the other half doesn’t. What about them? But no, he’s saying blacks are a hate group. All of them. Because less than a majority might feel that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom