• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This isn’t indicative of Adams being a racist per se. An Identitarian, definitely. If the poll says that almost half of blacks say this, that means the other half doesn’t. What about them? But no, he’s saying blacks are a hate group. All of them. Because less than a majority might feel that way.
    I suppose it depends on what one considers a racist to be. Some people think that it's a person who believes that their race is superior. I don't know that Adams thinks that. His statement, in saying to avoid all black people because of a poll in which half say something also stupid and racist, is certainly a racist notion. Like you said, what about the other half?

I am kind of taken aback about people rushing to defend or minimize his statements. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised in today's political climate.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I suppose it depends on what one considers a racist to be. Some people think that it's a person who believes that their race is superior. I don't know that Adams thinks that. His statement, in saying to avoid all black people because of a poll in which half say something also stupid and racist, is certainly a racist notion. Like you said, what about the other half?

I am kind of taken aback about people rushing to defend or minimize his statements. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised in today's political climate.
    Are you trying to infer that that everyone who posted in this thread are also racists? hmmmm?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    This isn’t indicative of Adams being a racist per se. An Identitarian, definitely. If the poll says that almost half of blacks say this, that means the other half doesn’t. What about them? But no, he’s saying blacks are a hate group. All of them. Because less than a majority might feel that way.
    Makes me wonder if you polled whitey, and they knew they were answering in absolute anonymity, what their answers would be.
    There’s a lot of people with a good outlook, and a bad outlook, in both groups. Enough so that a poll maker could spin something either way.

And let’s not forget, when’s the last time we believed a poll?!? Who took it and what were their motivations? You can bet it was to stir the pot and see what would rise to the surface.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Scott Adams, like every other American, is permitted to hold any opinion he cares to hold. Also like every other American, he alone is responsible for any and all consequences of his opinions. Those who label others' opinions as this or that are also expressing their opinions. All of this is self-correcting. Currently, those who seem to be offended at everything feel completely free to be continually offended, at anything and everything. Those who don't give a FFA who is offended, or what they are offended by are growing in numbers. At some point, nobody will give a FFA who is offended, or what they are offended by. Eventually, the last continually offended person will notice that nobody cares. Then, and only then, will he sit down and shut up. All of this is as it should be. And THAT is MY opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom