• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Why would they show soldiers of a tyrannical government in the process of spreading tyranny in an ad that clearly states "enjoying freedom"? Seems a little off the mark to me.

Thats easy. Sportsmen do not pay the bills anymore. Death Merchant Marketing must cater to the current masses buying into anything that sells more product no matter how practical it may or may not be. Some items actually work and some are crap but that doesnÂ’t matter if it looks badxss peeps are going to eat it up.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Thats easy. Sportsmen do not pay the bills anymore. Death Merchant Marketing must cater to the current masses buying into anything that sells more product no matter how practical it may or may not be. Some items actually work and some are crap but that doesnÂ’t matter if it looks badxss peeps are going to eat it up.

Maybe its because sportsmen, aka fudds, are more interested in gambling away are 2nd amendment rights because they only care about keeping their .22-250 for varmint control.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    oh. Idk.. possibly shooting without eye protection....hope the eyepiece of his foreign made scope doesn’t crack his retinas.

To be honest with you, I've never worn eye when hunting.. but what do I know. My vortex's, bushnells, Nikon's, and leopalds are all foriegn made. Then again so is my Chevy.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Maybe its because sportsmen, aka fudds, are more interested in gambling away are 2nd amendment rights because they only care about keeping their .22-250 for varmint control.

Yup. It's only about their freedom, no one else's.. no different than the feminist movement or even Hillary Clinton's motives.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Reread some of your posts. Stretch is not the word IÂ’d use?

I own, shoot, compete and train with many high cap and modern guns, including polymer and military small arms. Somehow you have twisted my words of dislike for cheap foreign made crap that is useless in my opinion (and possibly dangerous to the user and others) along with the entertainment of the marketing people going wild to the masses that know no better. If that somehow stings TFB. I am entitled to my opinion as I see it and man enough not to worry about saying it. When one does 1/10th of what I do for the 2nd and the shooting sports I will consider the source. This media we know as INGO is a fantastic form of entertainment for gun owners. By using thought starters one is able to hook and reel in many character defining statements. It is a great tool to share threads and explain what perception some peoples reality is within this thing called our gun culture. Like it or not, it includes the good, bad and the ugly.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Wow, this is what you think hunters are?

The quite a few who I have talked to have made quotes that validate my statement... and a few select Quotes off the top of my head...

"Noone should be allowed to own these" -- talking about his suppressor
    "I hunt with a bow and shotgun... I dont care if the AWB passed"
    "I own an AR15 but don't really see a need for them"

Dont get me wrong there are some who support the 2A... but just walk around the NRA convention

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    oh. Idk.. possibly shooting without eye protection....hope the eyepiece of his foreign made scope doesn’t crack his retinas.

From what I have seen most who hunt, especially with bolt guns, dont wear eye or ear pro ( thats one of the main rationales the ASA is using to repeal laws). I see no issue with the ad, its accurate to its intended audience.

Also, any additional plastic or glass you put between your eye and the scope degrades the image quality of the scope. Even notice how people in the PRS or long distance shooters dont wear eye pro....

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I own, shoot, compete and train with many high cap and modern guns, including polymer and military small arms.

287-2878873_posted-bydeayres-december-12-2017-december-23-2018.png

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    From what I have seen most who hunt, especially with bolt guns, dont wear eye or ear pro ( thats one of the main rationales the ASA is using to repeal laws). I see no issue with the ad, its accurate to its intended audience.

Also, any additional plastic or glass you put between your eye and the scope degrades the image quality of the scope. Even notice how people in the PRS or long distance shooters dont wear eye pro....
    I understand a how a few rounds a year may be less of a risk to yourself but never the less still a risk. Good luck with that.

penton175jp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2019
    Indianapolis
    The ads I REALLY hate are the 47 car insurance commercials an hour were you watch the whole ad and you have no idea it was about car insurance. I'd really like to step on the Geico gecko, garotte Flo and see Dennis Haysbert get hit by one of those cars flying around him in that intersection.

Top Bottom