• ...and so much more!
  • solarpimp

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Irvington
    I remember several that I had and unfortunately sold. I had an original Mosin Sniper that had aftermarket period correct optics on it that was tons of fun! I also had an Enfield Jungle Carbine that was a hoot to shoot! I wonder if any Ishapore Enfields are still out there? I had one that looked like hell, was repainted and then reworn down that shot like butter. I found most of these at Wanamaker Guns on Southeastern Ave across from the post office, but that must have been ten years ago. If they are still open, that would be a great place to go check out!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Once you get hit with the C&R bug, there is no going back.

That's no joke. I'm into c&r handguns right now but have picked up a marlin 81dl and another 80dl. In the 4-5 months of getting my c&r I have bought 5 in total. I'm running out of things to pawn off to buy more before the prices get too far out of reach.

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    don`t pass up the jap arisaka 99, they made them in series of 100,000. then started over with the next series, some of them were farmed out to small companies like Isawa and are very rare. make sure the mum is intact. they were never imported and all are bring backs.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    If you want something to shoot for fun on occasion, I highly recommend the m44 carbine version of a Mosin. Shoots fireballs and sounds like a howitzer :D

Does it ever, especially fun during twilight hours! Just for that reason, I enjoy the M44 carbine over the longer 91/30. Plus, you get to relish the experience in the time it takes to chamber the NEXT round!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Ironically I was just thinking how surplus rifles never show up at my lgs yesterday, low and behold somebody traded in 3! I snagged a real trophy for myself, 1917 Erfurt Mauser carbine, numbers matching, no import marks, freaking awesome!!!

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    Like to see some pictures of that one if you need any information and Research data I would gladly help you. German Imperial rifles is something I'm really good at.

ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    A collector once told me a couple things that stuck with me a few years ago when I was staring my Russian collection:
    1) You can't collect and expect to make money. If you do great, but odds are not good. Look for what you want and when it comes along jump on it. Developing a large collection is expensive.
    2) Networking is crucial. When you meet someone that is honest and knowledgeable, don't take it for granted. Meeting interesting folks is half the fun of collecting.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    Well it is a German 1917 kar98a receiver made at the Prussian state run plant Erfurt. The stock on this rifle is a 1918 era stock where the finger groves were added. Plus it should have a bolt take down disk as well. The stock has Polish modifications such as the front stacking hook, should have a sling cut out on the left side of the stock like a Mas 36, and the way the sling mounts. Doesn't surprise many Gew98 rifles and Kar98a carbines were made from leftover parts by the Poles. Too be honest the Poles were always short on carbines they had plenty of rifles on hand but not enough carbines. Finding an original Wz29 Polish produced carbine that is unaltered is tough not too mention the records on them are low. I can tell you more if you post more pictures. Alot of these rifles and carbines were produced from leftover parts in the 20s and 30s and used by the Poles and sent too the Spanish during the Spanish Civil war.

Top Bottom