• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Well it is a German 1917 kar98a receiver made at the Prussian state run plant Erfurt. The stock on this rifle is a 1918 era stock where the finger groves were added. Plus it should have a bolt take down disk as well. The stock has Polish modifications such as the front stacking hook, should have a sling cut out on the left side of the stock like a Mas 36, and the way the sling mounts. Doesn't surprise many Gew98 rifles and Kar98a carbines were made from leftover parts by the Poles. Too be honest the Poles were always short on carbines they had plenty of rifles on hand but not enough carbines. Finding an original Wz29 Polish produced carbine that is unaltered is tough not too mention the records on them are low. I can tell you more if you post more pictures. Alot of these rifles and carbines were produced from leftover parts in the 20s and 30s and used by the Poles and sent too the Spanish during the Spanish Civil war.

Appreciate it, it is numbers matching from what I can see and no import marks so I am excited to own it! It does have a cutout on the other side of the stock for a sling! We ran two stripper clip fulls through it the other day, shoots superbly, love it!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A recent youtube from IV8888. Not sure I totally agree with their picks but...
    [video=youtube_share;g5fVweRpPyE]http://youtu.be/g5fVweRpPyE[/video]

I do like tom Enfield though!
    [video=youtube_share;NaafRf0uDR4]http://youtu.be/NaafRf0uDR4[/video]

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I do like tom Enfield though!
    [video=youtube_share;NaafRf0uDR4]http://youtu.be/NaafRf0uDR4[/video]

Oh Gosh , please not this guy.. He is a real goober. (And I do not mean the Mayberry RFD kind)
    Now he has about 2 mins of Gold in there when he talked about the adjustment springs in the stock.. But other then
    that he drags a 2 min Youtube out to 15 mins of pain.. And he may be called a few names, but PRO is not one of them,
    They should have put his friend on who told him these things.

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I had an Enfield several years ago, sure was a looker! In the end I swapped it, while it was fast to shoot and held lots of ammo it was a PITA to quick mag change. I can run the stripper clip on a Mauser pretty well, and I like the bolt flow better. Just my opinion of course, they're still a good looking rifle!

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was a vet bringback. The Germans captured alot of Polish weapons and pressed them into service. May have a repaired duffle cut under the hand guard section.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Oh Gosh , please not this guy.. He is a real goober. (And I do not mean the Mayberry RFD kind)
    Now he has about 2 mins of Gold in there when he talked about the adjustment springs in the stock.. But other then
    that he drags a 2 min Youtube out to 15 mins of pain.. And he may be called a few names, but PRO is not one of them,
    They should have put his friend on who told him these things.

The longer I watched that the more I wish I hadn't have posted it. :):

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Advice? Buy books instead. At least for awhile, old books by old authors will serve you better. Later, when you are less ignorant on the topic, the rifle buying will go more smoothly.

But if you want a rifle right now, Swiss 1911 and K31 rifles are high on the list as shooters. Swedes as well.

Top Bottom