• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    So I applied to INDOT today and went in for an interview. The interview went great and I was feeling very confident. Right after we were done talking she said that I was very qualified and she would love to hire me but she couldn't....because I was a white male. How is this legal?

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    It shouldn't be! If it walks like a duck and sound like a duck..........It's a duck! This sounds like discrimination to me. Quick, someone call Al Sharpton!!!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Because it's da guvment! Same thing happened to me at Naval Avionics after I got out of the Navy. "You are very qualified but we are only allowed to hire blacks and women right now" Their exact quote, not mine.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Because it's da guvment! Same thing happened to me at Naval Avionics after I got out of the Navy. "You are very qualified but we are only allowed to hire blacks and women right now" Their exact quote, not mine.
    That's exactly what this lady told me. They had a specific quota they had to fill of hiring non-white males. Regardless of their qualifications....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
    Publications Distribution Center
    P.O. Box 541
    Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
    1-800-669-3362 (voice)

Some may tell you it's a waste of time to file a charge with the EEOC, but if you do nothing, don't expect a change. See the EEOC's Charge Processing Procedures and take some steps to correct this injustice.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    So I applied to INDOT today and went in for an interview. The interview went great and I was feeling very confident. Right after we were done talking she said that I was very qualified and she would love to hire me but she couldn't....because I was a white male. How is this legal?

What a load of horse ****.

Could you imagine if someone replaced any portion of the bold part with absolutely anything else?

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    After talking to my parents(i'm 19 and live at home while going to college) they also think that I have a decent case. I really don't want to take it to court or anything, but I also don't want to sit down and take it. Know what i'm saying? I don't have much money to throw around (hence why I was looking for a job)so paying a lawyer is kind of out of the question.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy

Because the government says its legal. Indianapolis is getting ready to endure a nice dose of this due to the demographics of population vs. demographics of the work force. There was a large article in the Indy star about 2 weeks ago about this. Funny thing about this by 2040 in the U.S., white males will be by far the minority of the u.s. populous (according to recent census projections). Do you think that affirmative action laws will help us then? No! Here's a little food for thought- according to the u.s. census bureau 25% of all people under the age of 18 in the united states are latino. Think about that, thats not even figuring all the households that didn't report. The census projections are that the Latino population will expand by more than 150 million by 2040. The U.S. is a changing folks and guess who isn't invited?

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Affirmative action has always really pissed me off. Its just reverse discrimination, and people are ok with it. Its not ok to refuse to hire you because your black, but its perfectly ok to refuse to hire me because im white? In what world does that make ANY sense at all? I think what irritates me most though is that everyone clames its NOT racism. It would be one thing if they just came out and said "down with whitie," but instead it becomes all about "giving helping hands to those affected by sins of the past." Despite NO-ONE alive having being a slave in this country...

And in the academic world its murder as well. I was wait-listed at my first choice college (where I eventually ended up going, thank god for dropouts) because of what I later found out was too many white kids applied. Didn't matter that my grades and extracurriculars were strong, didn't matter that I had great ACT/SAT II scores, it came down the color of my skin. But somehow thats not racist. Of course I went on to show them all by getting a minority scholarship (white males were a minority in that state apparently), but thats irrelevant.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    After talking to my parents(i'm 19 and live at home while going to college) they also think that I have a decent case. I really don't want to take it to court or anything, but I also don't want to sit down and take it. Know what i'm saying? I don't have much money to throw around (hence why I was looking for a job)so paying a lawyer is kind of out of the question.
    well if you werent white they would pay for your lawyer :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ok sorry I have to laugh to keep from going crazy about this topic

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I'm still raging. I got the number to my nearest EEOC center and will be giving them a call tomorrow and see what I can do. I don't do very well with taking crap and not saying anything.:xmad:

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    A good friend of mine chopped his hand off, tried to get disability, was told because he wasnt black or a women it would take a long time to get it. anyway he was back to working full time, cant get much done but hezaworking.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Been there. Done that. Every single suggestion in the thread.

If you are a white male they can do any thing they want, say any thing they want and call you what ever they want. A dog's rights are more respected than you.

Sure you can this and you can that everything in the thread and YOU HAVE TO DO EVERY THING available to you before the court will even let you file. Better read that one again to make sure you heard me. No one will help you. No one will tell you the things you need to know to pursue it. Every single person including the people you will have to pay to represent you will be your enemy and working against you.

On top of all that you have already made a mistake that will make it impossible for you to win on this one. You can not document what will be the most blatant they will ever be and every one will lie from here to the witness stand.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I'm still raging. I got the number to my nearest EEOC center and will be giving them a call tomorrow and see what I can do. I don't do very well with taking crap and not saying anything.:xmad:

Then you better go get yourself a pocket voice recorder, a pen, and a note book before you speak another word to any one involved at the job, the EEOC, or any lawyer you talk to.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    How about a boycott or a demonstration of some sort? How about contacting those politicians with the "R" behind their names to do something in the state? How about telling the state to stop accepting welfare form the feds and refuse federal funding when these laws are not adhered to? How about... well... anything? If this was a thread about someone being hassled about OCing in a restaurant, there would be calls for an OC event. Why not have a demonstration outside the place that refused to hire someone because of the color of their skin? It was a government agent who told the OP he couldn't be hired because he is white. Is that a Title VII violation? Where is Kirk Freeman when you need him?!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    How about a boycott or a demonstration of some sort? How about contacting those politicians with the "R" behind their names to do something in the state? How about telling the state to stop accepting welfare form the feds and refuse federal funding when these laws are not adhered to? How about... well... anything? If this was a thread about someone being hassled about OCing in a restaurant, there would be calls for an OC event. Why not have a demonstration outside the place that refused to hire someone because of the color of their skin? It was a government agent who told the OP he couldn't be hired because he is white. Is that a Title VII violation? Where is Kirk Freeman when you need him?!

This post is full of good ideas guys. I would be happy to attend an event as long as it was for equal rights and equal treatment for all and not about anything else.

Top Bottom