• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Just to clarify, INDOT are not the bad guys here. Work one(address:316 N Kingston Rd
    Plymouth, IN 46563-1954) were the people that said they couldn't hire me. Also, I emailed the guy at INDOT and told him exactly what I was told and he said "I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have told you about the job, since you aren't eligible"...Kind of made me scratch my head on that one. I expected him to try to make it right rather than back up and renege on his past offer..

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Just to clarify, INDOT are not the bad guys here. Work one(address:316 N Kingston Rd
    Plymouth, IN 46563-1954) were the people that said they couldn't hire me. Also, I emailed the guy at INDOT and told him exactly what I was told and he said "I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have told you about the job, since you aren't eligible"...Kind of made me scratch my head on that one. I expected him to try to make it right rather than back up and renege on his past offer..

You barely have a fart's chance in a whirlwind any way and you are blowing every chance at all of legal redress like a kid blowing the seeds off a summer dandy lion.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Assuming that employment-based discrimination operates in a similar fashion as real estate federal fair housing laws that government discrimination, it's not legal. "Affirmative action" was implemented by Kennedy via EO 10925 and mandated "affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin."

Now, I'll admit my employment law knowledge is weak at best, and that since 1961, the various iterations of bills passed by Congress regarding this subject may well have changed things a bit. But the letter of the law as is generally written doesn't equate protected status with minorities only. Everyone has a protected status. Whether or not that status is minority and historically the object of racism and discrimination [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] should be irrelevant. But most in our society don't see things that way. Most think only minorities are protected.

Point to note: quotas are not the same thing as affirmative action. AA in the strictest sense doesn't violate anyone's rights. In fact, it actually seeks to protect them. Quotas, on the other hand, not so much.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

When you go to your legal council and tell him that, how will you prove it?

2 years from now will you remember this person's name, their job, the date and time you talked and be able to quote exactly what they said and what you said? Even better can you play back their words to them when they swear they would never have said any thing like that?

Can you prove you are the "party of interest" meaning that YOU would have been the person they would have HIRED if they had not discriminated against you in hiring a minority based on their sex, race, or religion?

Can you PROVE you were not satisfied by the answer you were given? Can you prove you made any attempt to improve the situation prior to bringing it to the court? Did you seed redress from the potential employer or even ask them or complain about it? Did you pursue it through any other of the available options such as human resources or union representation or the EEOC? You must exhaust all these possibilities and be able to prove it. You must seek restitution from each opportunity in order begining with letting the first official who denied you and document you were not satisfied and made that known and they refused or were unable to correct it. If at any step you fail, it is deemed acceptable to you and no longer actionable. There is a time table for each one of these actions and you must meet the time table as each person at each step will try to delay until the issue is "untimely". YOU will have to know these time limits and YOU will have to hound them at ever step.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    -Snip-
    Its just reverse discrimination, and people are ok with it.
    -Snip-

Even the term "reverse discrimination" is discriminatory, because it's a CODEWORD for discrimination against mostly white males and white females to some degree.
    The ONLY reason for this CODEWORD is to signal that this particular discrimination is to be ignored, without ever having to mention the race or gender of the victim of it.

Bottom line is, discrimination is the same thing NO matter who the victim of it is and there shouldn't be a separate classification of it.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There's no such thing as "reverse racism". There's only racism and that's what we have a case of here.

You're totally right.
    The term "reverse racism" is code for racism against whites, with the implication that it's NOT to taken seriously.
    ALL racism is EQUALLY bad, and it's all racism.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    You're totally right.
    The term "reverse racism" is code for racism against whites, with the implication that it's NOT to taken seriously.
    ALL racism is EQUALLY bad, and it's all racism.

Sorta like when minorities attack whites it can't be called a Hate Crime. Same circumstances but it is defined differently by the color of the attackers skin. On the recent McDonald's beat down video there were two black girls beating the **** out of a white girl and everyone said race had nothing to do with it but if it were reversed the flood gates would open up and we'd have Rev Al and Jessie protesting the beating of an innocent girl by racist Nazis. If everybody wants equality and justice for all we need to start treating EVERYONE the same no matter the skin color. No favoritism to one group over another, treat everyone the same and every action the same. :twocents:

Top Bottom