• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

On second look, this account doesn't seem credible.

Given that the information is biometric, I'm not sure how that would play out. Sounds iffy, to me.

I'm honestly trying to figure out if Biden is going to manage to displace Clinton as Worst President In Living Memory for me. It's a very low bar, but he's really figuring out how to crawl under it. I still think if we'd reacted more forcefully to the bombing of the USS Cole we may never have been in this quagmire to begin with.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    R2VufXU.png

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yes, worst debacle so far. Just wait until terrorist strikes start occurring in the USA, led by the unvetted ones that are pouring in.
    I've been trying to keep my kids (9 & 6) somewhat abreast of what's going on in Afghanistan. At least as much is you can for kids that age. Basically along the lines of "we've been at war in this country for 20 years. We've spent lots of money. Many soldiers have fought and died. A terrorist group took over the country in a week after the US and President Biden basically turned off the lights and walked away."

Today I did attempt to explain the situation at the airport and that Americans and many other people were stuck in Kabul trying to get on airplanes. And I told them about the bombing today. That dozens of people died, including Marines.

My 9 year old daughter asked if the terrorists were coming here. I honestly didn't know what to tell her given how poorly the administration has handled this. I answered honestly and said, "I don't know."

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Given that the information is biometric, I'm not sure how that would play out. Sounds iffy, to me.

I'm honestly trying to figure out if Biden is going to manage to displace Clinton as Worst President In Living Memory for me. It's a very low bar, but he's really figuring out how to crawl under it. I still think if we'd reacted more forcefully to the bombing of the USS Cole we may never have been in this quagmire to begin with.

I mean Clinton was bad, but uh... the worst in living memory?

I'd rank obama's second term, and GW's presidency as first and second.
    Well, now biden is obviously first, lol.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I mean Clinton was bad, but uh... the worst in living memory?

I'd rank obama's second term, and GW's presidency as first and second.
    Well, now biden is obviously first, lol.

Clinton's pussyfooting around after the USS Cole set the tone for what would become GWOT.

Clinton AWB remains the biggest (although temporary) restriction on gun ownership at the federal level since Reagan.

Brady Bill created ex post facto sentencing, something that *is* blatantly unconstitutional, by stripping those who were already convicted of misdemeanor domestic battery of their rights to own a firearm.

Signed NAFTA, sending a massive amount of manufacturing jobs from the US to Mexico while increasing the flow of trucks and trains north across the border making it much easier for the cartels to smuggle in huge amounts of narcotics.

Made a mockery of the office with the Lewinsky scandal, the leader of the free world was now free to be publicly amoral. It's actually listed as one of the "grievances" when Bin Laden wrote about why he was attacking the US.

No, Clinton was worse than Obama or Bush.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Clinton's pussyfooting around after the USS Cole set the tone for what would become GWOT.

Clinton AWB remains the biggest (although temporary) restriction on gun ownership at the federal level since Reagan.

Brady Bill created ex post facto sentencing, something that *is* blatantly unconstitutional, by stripping those who were already convicted of misdemeanor domestic battery of their rights to own a firearm.

Signed NAFTA, sending a massive amount of manufacturing jobs from the US to Mexico while increasing the flow of trucks and trains north across the border making it much easier for the cartels to smuggle in huge amounts of narcotics.

Made a mockery of the office with the Lewinsky scandal, the leader of the free world was now free to be publicly amoral. It's actually listed as one of the "grievances" when Bin Laden wrote about why he was attacking the US.

I suppose you're right, the perception is created around the evolution of accessibility to information.
    Most of it got a mention here or there, aside from the cigar. Now days, everything is blasted directly into your brain 24/7.

I didn't exactly follow the AWB anyway.
    But yeah NAFTA broke the back of US manufacturing on an official basis.

I don't really buy the USS Cole being the point of the GWOT. The US people electing the leader of the CIA was the starting point of that. On a technical basis, it was Charlie Wilson.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Don't forget "Operation Deny Christmas I, II, and III", "Operation Stained Dress", Blackhawk Down, Operation Sudanese Aspirin Factory, a lifetime supply of T-LAMs shot up...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ok. Now I gotta Google operation Sudanese aspirin factory
    Long story short, Slick Willie T-LAM'd a pharmaceutical factory in Sudan because reasons. IIRC the same time an empty terrorist training camp got T-LAM'd (back in the day Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles only cost $775K each)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Didn't Clinton also have a chance to whack bin Laden when he was at some desert camp near Kandahar in '99, but failed to pull the trigger because there was an a/c there from some gulf state (UAE?) and he might have killed a couple of the 5000 members of the royal family or something? I think that was going to be a missile strike, too

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Long story short, Slick Willie T-LAM'd a pharmaceutical factory in Sudan because reasons. IIRC the same time an empty terrorist training camp got T-LAM'd (back in the day Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles only cost $775K each)

I guess they've gotten cheaper with time.

The wonders of mass manufacturing :laugh:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I guess they've gotten cheaper with time.

The wonders of mass manufacturing :laugh:
    T-LAMs are cheaper? The $775K I cited was from 2005 when the JDAM was $21K, The JDAM, makes dumb bombs smart, and gives us bang for the buck!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ok. Now I gotta Google operation Sudanese aspirin factory
    Might as well look up "wag the dog" while you are googling.

Clinton did it to to take the heat off of his sexual harassment with the intern.

It messed up a whole generation of young girls. Most of the teachers in the country defended their man Clinton's actions and taught it accordingly.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Here we go again !
    Some here voted for this idiot and should be proud , 16 Americans killed do to his call to pull military out Pryor to evacuating the people.
    Let along leaving 85 billion $ worth of weaponry there for them to have.

Nice job !

But again Bidiot wants to blame Trump for this.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Tensions are running high. This is a terrible time for our Great Nation. Please take a breath before hitting the Post Reply button. Everybody knows my views, but this thread will not devolve into something that gets it locked.

Top Bottom