www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    QFT

(but apparently ok with the mass production of chicken and cows)

I never understood those bleeding heart liberals. They are perfectly fine with borderline abuse of THEIR mass produced meat, (overcrowding, lack of freedom, etc) but heaven forbid we take the meat of a wild animal that roamed free and presumably "happy" until we put a bullet through it.

Reminds me of the viral letter to the editor that was basically "hunting is bad. We should instead support supermarket meat where no animals are harmed in the production process."

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Forgot the "spirits" part. I used to be partial to Castle Lager. A really nice beer. Lion wasn't bad, either. As for liquor...I drank what everyone else drank which was American liquor. Bacardi was real popular. LOL.

I'll try the Castle. We had them stock some American stuff, so we're good to go there. I wasn't sure if there was some kind of SA whiskey or something popular there like that.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    That sounds awesome!!! Congrats and good luck!

Be sure to keep updates with pics if you can. What kind of armament will you be bringing?

I'll be using one of my brother-in-law's guns. It will be a high-end Remington 700, in .30-06 with a Lupold Mk IV scope. It is a pretty sweet setup. I'll be using Barnes TSX bullets, while he's using Nosler Partition bullets.

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    That website has some incredible photography. Great animals and bunches of them!

It does appear to be high fenced animals transplanted from breeding facilities for shooting. Every animal in their hunting gallery is a world class specimen, as with the vast majority of African outfitting operations.

I have some friends that have been hunting Africa for 8-10 years and they've been looking for non-fenced options, but I don't think they've found one yet. With the rough country, droughts, poaching and competition for American's money.... world class animals just don't roam around freely outside the parks. 5,000 acres of that ground may not sustain a dozen goats... but it'll produce millions of dollars worth of trophy animals each year with their management strategy. Intresting stuff, please share a report on how the hunt goes!

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Nice, being to Africa for business, not hunting. But that trip was for work and not for fun. But still, beautiful country with a lot of animals. Enjoy and make sure take a lot of pictures.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Have fun! I lived on a hunting ranch in Limpopo very close to where your going for a couple years. I would be glad to answer questions if you have any.

I never saw any Cuban Cigars there, but I know where to get them in Indy!

Ostrich Takkis biltong was my favorite food there. They sell it in every gas station. Once you get as far out as you're going all the restaurants will be KFC maybe a Nando's. Castle Lager for me too maybe try a Windhook. Lots of nice fruits and juices there you probably have never heard of.

Having someone meet you at the airport is important. They love to mess with people down there. Most importantly have fun!

I would say anytime that your aren't on the game farm property to watch your 6. It's truly a different world over there.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    so this begs the question.... can you carry a handgun over there??

and if you can are you required to wear a life preserver or carry an open umbrella??

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I have a friend who goes to Africa all the time on hunts. He takes his entire family and they have all killed several animals in Africa. His trophy room looks like a safari display. He has cats....not sure about elephant or hippo though.

Principal Skinr...isn't there a teacher at Danville that has been to Africa a few times? I bet you have a good time.....just watch out for them daggone snakes!

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    You probably don't like the gov't, but I would suggest checking in with the US Embassy. The reason, if you have trouble, they can help you get out of it. If you have trouble, and don't check in, they can't help you. Just a thought.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I have a friend who goes to Africa all the time on hunts. He takes his entire family and they have all killed several animals in Africa. His trophy room looks like a safari display. He has cats....not sure about elephant or hippo though.

Principal Skinr...isn't there a teacher at Danville that has been to Africa a few times? I bet you have a good time.....just watch out for them daggone snakes!

Yes, a colleague of mine is planning on introducing him to me. My understanding is that he is quite an accomplished African hunter!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    You probably don't like the gov't, but I would suggest checking in with the US Embassy. The reason, if you have trouble, they can help you get out of it. If you have trouble, and don't check in, they can't help you. Just a thought.

Our outfitter is helping us with that stuff. One thing they said to do is to photocopy our passports, same size as the original. They said if you lose your passport or it gets stolen, instead of taking weeks, a new one will only take hours, when you show the photocopies to the embassy.

Top Bottom