• AI, Great Friend or Dangerous Foe?

• Total voters

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t we see a possible future scenario of AI taking over “Skynet” in the Terminator movie?
    Just sayin! :oldwise:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Think about it. People like to give up power, freedom, individuality in exchange for a life free of responsibility. They give it up to politicians, governments, people of power for what? An easy life, free of responsibility. The same goes for computers, drugs and now AI. The things people give up their rights and freedoms to ALWAYS seemingly become controlling, in a not so good way.

Is AI bad? Yes, because it takes away rather than gives; and when it gives, we never know for certain who is doing the giving and if the giving is real.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Guys, for better or for worse, AI is not going away.

I would recommend you start using it everyday.

It’s going to quickly affect every facet of our lives.

I would rather understand how to use it to my benefit that complain about it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Guys, for better or for worse, AI is not going away.

I would recommend you start using it everyday.

It’s going to quickly affect every facet of our lives.

I would rather understand how to use it to my benefit that complain about it.

I don't really think of language models like ChatGPT as being a dangerous AI. ChatGPT, for example is technically AI but it's not like SkyNet. I use ChatGPT in my job, especially when googling a problem yields ambiguous results.

ChatGPT is very good at understanding what I'm asking. It sifts through the information a lot faster than I can. It is often wrong. But, it remembers the context during a given session, so you can ask it more questions about the topic or about it's solutions.

Even when its wrong, it often gives me ideas about how to solve it. So my opinion about ChatGPT isn't :runaway: But I certainly wouldn't use it for every facet of my life.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I don't really think of language models like ChatGPT as being a dangerous AI. ChatGPT, for example is technically AI but it's not like SkyNet. I use ChatGPT in my job, especially when googling a problem yields ambiguous results.

ChatGPT is very good at understanding what I'm asking. It sifts through the information a lot faster than I can. It is often wrong. But, it remembers the context during a given session, so you can ask it more questions about the topic or about it's solutions.

Even when its wrong, it often gives me ideas about how to solve it. So my opinion about ChatGPT isn't :runaway: But I certainly wouldn't use it for every facet of my life.
    Today I used ChatGPT to read and analyze a bunch of PnLs, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow Statements.

Valued the businesses based on the equations I fed it and analyzed them for strengths and weaknesses.

Tonight my 8 year old son was doing his Scratch programming class. He wasn’t able to save and lost all his work.

So we fed the description of the assignment into chatgpt and it literally wrote the code for us.

For some reason the code wasn’t working right. So I took a screenshot of the blocks and it was able to see the error and tell us what we needed to change.

Not to mention 100s of users our SaaS program used chatgpt to respond to their insurance leads immediately after they filled out the online form, see what they were interested in, checked the agent’s calendar availability, and offered them a couple time slots, overcame any objections and scheduled on their calendar conversationally by text with no agent input.

You guys are interacting with AI all day long and you don’t even know.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Today I used ChatGPT to read and analyze a bunch of PnLs, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow Statements.

Valued the businesses based on the equations I fed it and analyzed them for strengths and weaknesses.

Tonight my 8 year old son was doing his Scratch programming class. He wasn’t able to save and lost all his work.

So we fed the description of the assignment into chatgpt and it literally wrote the code for us.

For some reason the code wasn’t working right. So I took a screenshot of the blocks and it was able to see the error and tell us what we needed to change.

Not to mention 100s of users our SaaS program used chatgpt to respond to their insurance leads immediately after they filled out the online form, see what they were interested in, checked the agent’s calendar availability, and offered them a couple time slots, overcame any objections and scheduled on their calendar conversationally by text with no agent input.

You guys are interacting with AI all day long and you don’t even know.
    If it gave you the code, you wouldn't have had to take a screenshot. You could have told it it doesn't work, and asked it to find out what's wrong with it.

Wait a minute. Screenshot? You mean it passed the Turing test? :):

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Wonder if you can use it to find a new job.

Well, hate to say it, but yeah I’m developing stuff that will definitely eliminate jobs.

Our next big project is Voice AI for insurance agents.

It’s being trained using my voice.

It will call the agent’s leads and schedule appointment or get them live transferred directly to the agent.

Works like our text AI appointment setting, but just by voice.

Our product will help insurance agents automate their marketing, followup, dialing and speaking with leads, client retention and more using AI.

If you work in a call center, you better learn a new skill.

AI can answer better, without the attitude or costs, by simply feeding it all the companies FAQs.

It will lead to better customer experience vs speaking to overseas callers as well.

Last edited:

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    If it gave you the code, you wouldn't have had to take a screenshot. You could have told it it doesn't work, and asked it to find out what's wrong with it.

Wait a minute. Screenshot? You mean it passed the Turing test? :):
    That was the hard part for me. Scratch uses coding blocks. Easier for kids to learn before they start writing code I guess.

But GPT would write it out like you would regular code.

So I had to take what they gave me and find the right blocks.

I even told it to show me the code with the colors and which group it was under and it did.

Attachments

• IMG_3357.png
      IMG_3357.png
      228.4 KB · Views: 5
    • IMG_3359.png
      IMG_3359.png
      320.2 KB · Views: 5
    • IMG_3358.png
      IMG_3358.png
      385.1 KB · Views: 3

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just analyzing my own opinions on AI over time, it's funny to think about how I've viewed it and it shows pretty well that I couldn't have comprehended where it has gone.

At first I thought it'd be something destructive, straight out of apocalyptic films.
    Then as it grew I saw it becoming an incredible tool to improve human productivity and creativity.
    Now it's clearly going to just replace most service industry jobs and result in infinitely poorer service.
    I have no idea where it goes from here, but the future isn't looking good, and it is probably going to be a lot less fun than it simply wanting to kill us.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just analyzing my own opinions on AI over time, it's funny to think about how I've viewed it and it shows pretty well that I couldn't have comprehended where it has gone.

At first I thought it'd be something destructive, straight out of apocalyptic films.
    Then as it grew I saw it becoming an incredible tool to improve human productivity and creativity.
    Now it's clearly going to just replace most service industry jobs and result in infinitely poorer service.
    I have no idea where it goes from here, but the future isn't looking good, and it is probably going to be a lot less fun than it simply wanting to kill us.
    Oh, it’s gonna replace more than service industry jobs.

Top Bottom