Aim Surplus 9mm sale question. Which is better?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I ended up taking a chance and buying some factory reloads from Ammomart.com. Buffalo cartridge had a sale for what ended up being $.15/round after shipping and everything, brass cased 115gr 9mm. For that price and what I need them for it is going to be hard to go wrong.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    What is the reasoning behind not allowing wolf? I'd find a different range.
    I don't know the answer but I'm willing to bet unofficially it has at least a little something to do with them not being able to reload steel. I would think it is a sig. overhead offset to obtain all that brass at the end of the day.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I really like Geco in 124 gr. but to let you know they have 2 kinds one bullet has steel in it and the other doesn't. sg ammo use to have lots of it haven't looked lately though

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    What is the reasoning behind not allowing wolf? I'd find a different range.

A range I went to near Paducah recently didn't allow any steel cased ammo either. A staff person ran a magnet over the ammo I was shooting to verify there were no steel projectiles. They couldn't test rifle rounds for steel core bullets properly if the case is also magnetic so they decided to not allow ANY steel cased stuff...rifle or handgun.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    :ugh:
    A range I went to near Paducah recently didn't allow any steel cased ammo either. A staff person ran a magnet over the ammo I was shooting to verify there were no steel projectiles. They couldn't test rifle rounds for steel core bullets properly if the case is also magnetic so they decided to not allow ANY steel cased stuff...rifle or handgun.
    That actually makes much more sense than my logic.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Which Indy range won't allow it?

I don't buy the "can't tell if it's steel bullets" argument. If it's steel-cased, it's highly unlikely that it's a handload, and if it's not a handload they can tell if it's steel core by looking at the box. I think they want the brass and are too lazy to separate the steel cases.

The indoor ranges I shoot at don't have any such restriction.

Re the deal for $10 per 50, I've had good luck with S&B and Fiocchi, but I don't the price is anything special. I've seen several recent online offers for decent brass ammo for $200 or less (per 1000) including shipping.

Top Bottom