• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I spread fox urine around the outside of my deck. Keeps chipmunks and raccoons away. It's difficult to get the fox to pee where you want them to, so I've resorted to purchasing the crystalline stuff.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Okay, maybe it's because I haven't had coffee today, but my first reaction when reading the thread title was "Why would a chipmunk need an air rifle in the first place???" :dunno: :D

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I am having a similar problem. Last year I live trapped several rabbits and chippies and relocated them to my office. This year they will not go in the live traps! Ive tried several kinds of bait. So I have been using a borrowed Gamo Whisper. 2 less rabbits, 2 less chippies in my area.

Fishers has a "no projectile" ordinance so stealth is a must.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Thanks!

While I enjoy the pellet gun method, I don't always have time to lay in the rain waiting for them to come.

Does it work on coons?
    I know what you mean. When I was younger sittin' in the rain, drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets was more appealing. Raccoons are not on their published pest list, but I've noticed a major reduction in them since I started using the product. Could be the fox urine, or could be the real coyotes.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I have stopped chipmunk problems before they started with the .177 solution.
    Strawberry plants were bringing them in, Gamo hunter was taking them out. I haven't had an issue after 2 were taken.
    As for the bigger critters, possums have met the .177 solution with well placed neck shots. Racoons get the live trap and a ride outside city limits for the .22 solution, but I haven't had a coon problem since I moved from UT.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I prefer to put peanut butter on the rim in addition to the sunflower seeds. Seems to attract them better. As well, you can use olive oil on the inside of the bucket so they slide down to their deaths.

I have flagstone walls for the landscaping on the front yard (which is a hill) so I am rife with chipmunks. I don't use rat traps or shot because of the neighbors' children.

This is great. The lawyer puts a 5 gallon bucket outside, with water in it and baited with peanut butter, sunflower seeds and slickened with olive oil, but a rat trap might hurt the kids?!? :rolleyes:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    This is great. The lawyer puts a 5 gallon bucket outside, with water in it and baited with peanut butter, sunflower seeds and slickened with olive oil, but a rat trap might hurt the kids?!? :rolleyes:

Ok why is that great? Peanut butter, sunflower seeds and olive oil? none of these would hurt a kid.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I have 3 burried under a tree that says it can. Live trap .177 to the forehead. Goodnight! Between the eyes is a no go though.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have built a couple of box traps. I use them on chipmunks, rabbits, and stray cats. This allows you to live trap them, and then take the traps in the garage, shut the door, and eliminate the problem any way you see fit....or drive them out of your neighborhood and give them to someone else.

Watch this video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JniOSWB8_c"]Make Your Own Box Traps[/ame]

They work great.

Top Bottom