• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Look in' good, straight-shooter! I like that. I need to add a U/F to my AK family.

Pic Thread: I'm debating refinishing this rifle. The finish has taken a real beating. I does look BFPU-cool, so I'm torn...

null_zpsea277d19.jpg

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    These are my babies. Waffen Werks, AK-74 up top. WASR-10/63 in middle, and a WASR-10/63, Polytech copy-cat at the bottom. I did all the wood finishing myself. Preparedness has not yet been acheived. :)

citrigin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Seeing that you have 2 WASRs, how much nicer is the Waffen Werks fit and finish? I wish it was in the same caliber, I would ask about the relative accuracy too. I only ask b/c I am thinking of getting into AK style rifles.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Seeing that you have 2 WASRs, how much nicer is the Waffen Werks fit and finish? I wish it was in the same caliber, I would ask about the relative accuracy too. I only ask b/c I am thinking of getting into AK style rifles.

Everybody and their 3rd cousin is going to try their best to denigrate the WASR's... Don't let them. Check them out yourself, make sure they rack smoothly, and check the sights... My two WASR-10/63's are as good as any Kreb's or Arsenal in terms of accuracy. I've pulled off 2 MOA's with them at 50 yards with just irons. The AK-74 is obviously better finish, and more accurate being a faster and more balanced round. Never tried to get precision shots with it, but I've hit soda bottles standing at 75 yards, with no real difficulty. I'd recommend them both, for sure! :)

Horse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Everybody and their 3rd cousin is going to try their best to denigrate the WASR's... Don't let them. Check them out yourself, make sure they rack smoothly, and check the sights... My two WASR-10/63's are as good as any Kreb's or Arsenal in terms of accuracy. I've pulled off 2 MOA's with them at 50 yards with just irons.

ill respectfully disagree.

While the WASR I known to be a great AK, it's no Krebs.
    It will go bang every time you pull the trigger and it will do its job just like a Krebs, but I would be pissed if my Krebs gun shot 4moa at 100m.

the WASR is not a bad rifle, the Krebs is just better.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I have to agree with you Horse, I've had a WASR and while not dissatisfied with it I also wasn't completely thrilled with it's accuracy. I sold it and bought a Arsenal and was thrilled with it, the only exception being the plastic furniture. Times became tough at one point and I had to sell it. I now have a Vector and rate it right up near the top of other quality AK's. Finish, trigger and accuracy are exceptional.

Bottom line is the WASR is a fine firearm in it's own right and nothing wrong with owning and enjoying one. It's just not a Arsenal, Krebs or a Vector. :nono:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wasn't gonna post pics of it but since I did in another thread to give ideas to another member, here she is. Waiting for a stamp to sbr it. Until then it has a permanently fixed muzzle extension (added first), and an ace type stock with side folding mechanism and a stock adapter from u.s. Machinegun. It gives a straight mounting service for the stock and is very strong and doesn't force you to drill your reciever. I refinished the wood myself. Also replaces a few parts to make it 922r compliant until it becomes an NFA item and then I will switch them back.

Yugo/Serbian M92 PAP
    3159DA91-3FD2-4C07-9AF1-0AF5DD5B447A-4332-000007CE85152CC2_zps193c713a.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom