• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Do any of you guys coming possibly have 2 long rivets for the rear trunnion you could sell me? I've got a project in the closet I completely forgot about, and probably don't have time to order / receive them by Sunday.

70R

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    West Lafayette, IN
    Please add me to the "will attend" list. No parts or tools, but would love to watch and learn. I'll be building an AK74 kit in the future as soon as funding allows.

Thanks,
    Joe

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Clay and all,

I will need help with something at the party. I have a seriously stuck oversized pin that won't come back out. I got it in about 75% and then it stopped. It picked up some shavings on the edges and dug in (I can see them in the pin hole). I've been able to get it back out to about 40%. I definitely need another pair of eyes to look at this because it just won't come out. I've tried lubricating oil and freezing overnight. I don't want to really crank down on it with the press without looking at every possibility first. The other option would be to drill it out but that would be my last resort.

List updated: AK Build Party, March 3, 2013 @ MCFG

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I would try some heat on the front trunnion, opposite the side you have the pin sticking out of. I would setup the thing in your press, pin down obviously, get everything ready to go, and pour the heat to it with some pressure on it. I think this alone will get it.

If not, once you get it loaded up as much as you feel comfortable with, take a small hammer and smack the frame of your press. This will sometimes help to get things moving along sometimes.

worst case, a hole drilled right through the middle of the stuck pin, about 50% of the OD of the pin should be more than enough relief to get it out.

zerocool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Indy Northside
    Count me in

I will plan to attend. I have a romanian parts kit with 80% receiver. I do not have tools as this will be my first build.

Looking forward to it.

Zero

ottoclicker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    Do any of you guys coming possibly have 2 long rivets for the rear trunnion you could sell me? I've got a project in the closet I completely forgot about, and probably don't have time to order / receive them by Sunday.

No problem,I have a couple long rivets I can bring you.

Can you add a last minute addition?: I am wanting to attend. I have an underfolder flat to bend and an 80% to drill with the jig if possible.
    I have experience with building but not so much with these fancy tools. Would be more than happy to help in any way I can. I will be able to bring drill bits but my press is too large to transport in my car.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom