• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    To hear akaindy tell it, he removed the magazine and attempted to clear the jam by racking the bolt, then by reaching up through the magwell and trying to manually dislodge the cartridges, to no avail. The gun was then taken off the line, the dustcover, recoil spring and bolt group were removed, and the cartridges were forcibly extracted from the chamber mouth.

So what was the mag type he was using? I agree with Snorko and Indykid, my bet would be on the mag.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So what was the mag type he was using? I agree with Snorko and Indykid, my bet would be on the mag.

Bulgarian ((10)) military surplus.

I tend to suspect a mag issue as well, but since he didn't take the mag out of circulation and didn't have any trouble out of it before or after that event, who knows.

Point is, even the vaunted AK can have reliability issues. And Aaron's, while definitely the most spectacular of the weekend, wasn't the only one (what, you mean you need to lube the gun and feed it good ammo from serviceable magazines? Go figure).

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    wow, thats crazy stuff....could it be that there were some rounds improperly loaded into the magazine? maybe not quite set right in the stagger?

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    That is without a doubt the strangest thing I have seen in almost 25 years of firearms usage. Wow. I would have thought a magazine issue as well, but you say he didn't have any further issues with it....

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I thought that it was one of those "Red Jacket Firearms" projects !!!

Just goes to show that any weapon system is only as good as the magazines and ammo..... and its usually a $.10 washer or bolt that breaks on a race car too... (obviously its more than a dime now..) ;)

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Wow. Just read 5 pages to get here. I had an ar chambered in 5.45 that would get sticky when it warmed up with the lacquered cases but nothing like that. I'm with the other guys that say it's mag related. An ak is super reliable, but any of them are only as reliable as the mags. The ak didn't jam.... The mag threw up!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i'v had AK'S for over 25 years and never seen that before......i still don't get how it grabbed 3 shells at once?......was there 2 stuck and he tried to rack the bolt again and didn't realize 2 where stuck?.....needed a slow mo cam on it when it happen....that would tell the tale....

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    every system has the potential for failure. i will take may ar over the ak. shot a stock wasr 10 underfolder in the class and as fun as it was once i got the hang of it i still prefer my ar. buying a ruger 1911 instead of an ak next week.

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    thanks shooter521, yeah the ak is cool close up. i borrowed a stock ak and i learned a lot because of it. like everyone says, you brought it, make it work. i did make it work... if i buy one then for sure it will be better than the wasr. my friend got a krebs so im gonna ckeck it out next week but right now would rather put the money into a 1911 since i dont have one and i want a 45 more than an ak. is that so wrong?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    :wow:

:n00b:

aaron_triple_1.jpg

Top Bottom