• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I joined the site awhile back and have not been on here much. I have to admit I keep coming back to this thread just to see what everyone's got to say. I've had ar's and ak's jam. I really would not use the picture of this odd occurrence to say I won't own an ak.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    You might want to check the magazine feed lips. I have in my possesion a Circle 10 mag that is cracked down the front of the body, and the feed lips will spread just a little when it is loaded. The crack on the one I have is pretty big so maybe you have a smaller crack. Maybe the extractor is getting weak? Just because it ran ok the rest of the day I would not assume there is not something going south in the gun and/or magazine.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    ... until they do.

Preparing some photos for my Iverson AK course AAR, and thought I'd share these separately. The unfortunate victim was our very own akaindy. I've never seen anything like it. Henk hadn't either. Immediate action had no effect; time to transition to pistol, or transition to Nike!

aaron_triple_2.jpg

aaron_triple_1.jpg
    There is a 99% of the gun going off when you pull that trigger. You got the lucky 1% and the extra .5% triple feed:ar15::dunno:

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Something somebody pointed out: The only way this could have happened is by hand. Looks like a light primer strike on the top round, shooter short cycled the bolt twice by hand and jammed two rounds in the chamber.

Top Bottom