• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Dem leadership may have talked to Al and said, we want you to resign. Like every other self serving politician in dc he probably asked, what's in it for me if I give up my seat? I doubt he moves much until those details get worked out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I do believe consent matters if we're arguing sexual assault.

Hard for someone asleep to grant consent to be groped, meanwhile, throwing yourself at someone is quite a bit different.t

Are you arguing that there's a difference between sexual assault depending on if the person is awake or not? If you think about it, you'll see how ridiculous that notion is. Does it make sense to you that a person remains, minus some sort of intoxication, asleep during the duration of a sexual assault?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Trump can't disown that remark. He's admitted it. Then he's denied it. He's stapled to it.

Franken's resignation is based on lesser offenses.
    Have any women actually come forward and said he did these things, or was it (as originally claimed), just "locker room talk"? Seems to me that especially now with the #MeToo movement, if he had done these things, women would be coming out of the woodwork. Maybe I've missed it... :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He has to stay long enough to vote against anything the Republicans want to pass in this session.

Anyhoo, empowering the mere making of allegations the way has been happening lately...no way that will ever be a problem.

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong. Power something absolute power something something

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You guys are clear this is a set up, right? This is has Roy Moore and Donald Trump squarely in the crosshairs. They're planning to make hay out of Franken and Conyers. To partisans, it won't make a difference.... but to independents, it will.

Will it make a difference to independents that the republicans have a few creepers but the democrats are almost literally the party of creepers? Considering that the democrats time and again have wanted to paint faith and values as something that's wrong with the republicans, perhaps it will depend on the prevalence of faith and values within the ranks of independents

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not for issues like this, for Republicans. One of the things that made the party attractive to me, was it's sense of morality... even when it went overboard, and I disagreed with it. I'm seeing the Republican Party cast aside it's typical moral superiority. They are about to elect an bigot with credible claims of pedophila. The GOP gave us a president who was a bombastic serial adulterer, liar, bankrupt prone blowhard, embraced by the "evangelicals," but by his own admission has never asked God for forgiveness. Think about that, a guy who claims to be a Christian, who has NEVER ASKED GOD FOR FORGIVENESS. That's a bridge too far, at least for myself. How evangelicals could support a person who mocked them so completely, is incredible. The GOP, has lost its way. It's no longer a Conservative, family values party. It's simply the other party.

Yessss. It's not as if The Lord ever uses imperfect tools (as any human tool would be)

Kut (surely remembers Saul)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You guys are clear this is a set up, right? This is has Roy Moore and Donald Trump squarely in the crosshairs. They're planning to make hay out of Franken and Conyers. To partisans, it won't make a difference.... but to independents, it will.

Yes, we're well aware of democrats and their fake morality

i'll impressed when they toss someone with a republican governor

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Have any women actually come forward and said he did these things, or was it (as originally claimed), just "locker room talk"? Seems to me that especially now with the #MeToo movement, if he had done these things, women would be coming out of the woodwork. Maybe I've missed it... :dunno:

Yes. Read the article I posted and Hough quoted. It's there. Why is this so hard to believe?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yes, we're well aware of democrats and their fake morality

i'll impressed when they toss someone with a republican governor

I'm not sure what your sentence means. iphonese?

But, here is a governor if you're looking for one.

In October 2006, near the conclusion of his successful campaign for governor, a woman accused Gibbons of attempted sexual assault in a parking garage. Gibbons claimed he was helping her to her car. They both admitted to drinking alcohol at McCormick and Schmick's restaurant in Las Vegas.

In the initial aftermath of the event, Clark County Sheriff Bill Young, a Republican, long time supporter and donor to his gubernatorial campaign, cited lack of evidence in the case and refused to bring evidence of the attack to the District Attorney. The accuser did not initially want to pursue pressing charges, saying she just wanted "to be left alone." But when the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department was forced to open the incident case file after inquiries by the Las Vegas media, the Las Vegas Review-Journal and the Las Vegas Sun which drew controversy by releasing her name and she was thrust into the public eye.

She later said she was being pressured to not talk to the police about the incident by people close to Gibbons.[24] In fact, the Gibbons campaign hired a private investigator to talk to the woman shortly after the incident occurred.[25]

The evidence was given to Clark County District Attorney David Roger, a Republican, who had also donated to the Gibbons campaign. Criminal charges were never filed in the case.[26]

Gibbons' gubernatorial campaign manager, Robert Uithoven, speculated in an e-mail to Gibbons' supporters that Dina Titus, Gibbons' opponent, hired the woman to entice Gibbons. Titus retorted that to do this she would have had to control where Gibbons went, who he was with, and even the weather (Gibbons claimed he was helping the woman to her car in part because of the weather).[27]

By 2009, the alleged victim had filed a civil suit against Jim Gibbons, specifically alleging battery, false imprisonment and second-degree kidnapping as well as deceit about the episode. The lawsuit was settled in July 2013 for $50,000.

Top Bottom