Ald. Edward Burke charged with attempted extortion of Burger King owners Ald. Ed

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    And...

Although Burke has been an alderman for 50+ years, he was a Chicago cop before that. He has licenses as a private detective, a private security guard, and I believe also an Illinois carry license, all of which permit him to carry handguns. State law says mayors and aldermen are also "peace officers," which also gives him carte blanche to carry handguns.

He also has a bodyguard detail.

Burke has been for years a vocal supporter of gun control in Chicago. In 1982, Burke was a driving force in pushing through the Council a historic ban on handgun ownership in Chicago.
    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...vate-detective-concealed-carry-184055211.html

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Doing time is a nice way to top off your career when you're in your seventies. This guy richly deserves to go all the way down. A bonus would be to have him share a cell with Blagoevich.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    So much is made out of how bad organized crime was back in the day yet the crap that goes on there now would make the gangsters of 100 years ago **** themselves.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Probably not, because she gave back the $10K or 6.5k (although not reporting it, as is required by law). The not reporting part will get glossed over, and for giving it back she will get a media medal. I have no idea if she can win, with or without this glitch.

So you're taking her word that this was all there was?

Interesting. I hadn't considered doing that.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Is this really NEWs?

I caught a few minutes of a local tv show with a panel of journalists, reporters, and media types. They all said it was common knowledge that Burke was up to his ears in crooked deals. All I could think of was the utter hypocrisy of all these people who could have done stories about him for 40 years and didn't. Now they all want to get on tv and talk about how much they know and how smart they are. Chicago media is the 2nd most useless group of people in the USA right after the Illinois Republican party.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I caught a few minutes of a local tv show with a panel of journalists, reporters, and media types. They all said it was common knowledge that Burke was up to his ears in crooked deals. All I could think of was the utter hypocrisy of all these people who could have done stories about him for 40 years and didn't. Now they all want to get on tv and talk about how much they know and how smart they are. Chicago media is the 2nd most useless group of people in the USA right after the Illinois Republican party.
    Come now. The whole USA? California's D party is worse than the Ill group.

Top Bottom