• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Nope. What is the magic about an indoor range? Several friends had high levels of lead in their blood after shooting indoors.

There are many outdoor ranges in or near Ft Wayne.

SW Conservation Club on Bluffton Road.

Ossian Gun Club.

Ft Wayne Rifle and Revolver.

Eel River Gun Club

Blue Creek

Churubusco

And the new Allen County Police range will soon be open to the general public. So says Kenny....

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Nope. What is the magic about an indoor range? Several friends had high levels of lead in their blood after shooting indoors.

Ossian Gun Club.

Eel River Gun Club

Blue Creek

Churubusco

And the new Allen County Police range will soon be open to the general public. So says Kenny....

Izaak Walton has a nice range north of the Fort, too.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    BTW, Freedom Firearms (previously H & H Firearms) 1525 Directors Row, Fort Wayne has an indoor range. So does Mile Corner Guns & Gallery, Inc, Garrett, IN. (260) 357-3567.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Thanks,, I'll have to suck it up and look into the outdoor range options. I do know of another place in Roanoke called Hillside Guns. They sell guns, do put n take pheasant hunts and have very long rifle range as well as hand gun range. Haven't been there since they put in the hand gun range.

ftwphilly

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    45 degrees right now from my truck temp gauge. I see people out in shorts. Pants and a hoody and I'd be good outside. I really hope the police range is open to the public. I'll have to google that poo, I don't know, or have heard, anything about it.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I second the motion for a real range closer to the Fort. There are many high-quality establishments 30+ minutes away, but that's an hours drive to have a range day.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Thanks,, I'll have to suck it up and look into the outdoor range options. I do know of another place in Roanoke called Hillside Guns. They sell guns, do put n take pheasant hunts and have very long rifle range as well as hand gun range. Haven't been there since they put in the hand gun range.

Hillside is a great facility. They have steel on all ranges. The handgun bay has a dueling tree and bowling pin flip ups. They also have a fine 1000 yard rifle range with steel at 200, 300, 400, 600 and 1000. I believe they are also going to add an 800 yard berm. I go there every chance I get.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Ossian Gun Club.

Eel River Gun Club

Blue Creek

Churubusco

The great thing about indoor ranges is the ridiculously loud ww2 rifles going off 3 lanes away that muffs and foam plugs do nothing to deaden the sound, the lovely aroma of various gases and the several hours of coughing that results (at least for me), and the extreme close proximity to people that have no business near a firearm (got to see a few people send a couple rounds into the side wall probably 3-5 feet to the left of their target). I can't ever get comfortable enough at an indoor range to shoot all that well because my head is on even more of a swivel.

I do like Midwest Gun and Range because of the full auto rentals. Much more fun when they're not swamped but full auto is always a good time. I haven't been to any Allen County ranges but of all places I've shot, I've liked the DNR range by Syracuse...Tri County F&W.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I really hope Freedom drops there range prices from the former H&H prices. Also, I hear SniperCo is gonna open a range. I will wait until they get there ***** together before I go back to SniperCo though.

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    I really hope Freedom drops there range prices from the former H&H prices. Also, I hear SniperCo is gonna open a range. I will wait until they get there ***** together before I go back to SniperCo though.

We are in the process of an indoor range. 'i don't have a planned date for opening but it will be soon. Jeremy PM my with your issues so we can get our stuff together.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN

I absolutely detest that the internet allows someone to slam someone else with no details or proof. They just opened the store for pete's sake.

My interactions with the folks at SniperCo have been positive and I fail to see where they don't have their stuff together. And how will you know if they are up to your standards without going back?

I have no interest in this business except as a customer.

Last edited:

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I know of no new ranges in the Fort Wayne area or any under construction in any way.

It was Abraham Lincoln who said the hen is the smartest of all animals; she never cackles until after the egg is laid.

Top Bottom