• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Flonase works well for me. My kids do better on sensimist. I would like to try allergy shots or drops, but don't want to visit the dr office constantly.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Honey seemed helpful last year in the apple cider vinegar tonic I was drinking. Sugars (including honey) are out this year.

ACV combined with some other odds and ends in another potion doesn't fix the allergy, but fends off the sinus/ear congestion and infections.
    Hippy! What do you use patchouli for, deodorant?

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    **** Bradford Pears, pretty little white flowers making the whole neighborhood smell like dirty vagina.

I've always thought they smelled like rancid stopped up toilet. And what's worse, they set off my allergies like crazy.

This last weekend, EVERYbody with a mower was out recirculating all the pollen and adding grass allergens to the mix, so pure misery for the wife and myself. I'll be happy when this nastiness passes.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's interesting how some things that just might have a tiny effect on human health often get huge amounts of political traction. At the same time, no one seems to care what these ornamental trees (that didn't exist here in any significant quantity when I was a kid) are doing to a lot of us unless they are among the people suffering.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's interesting how some things that just might have a tiny effect on human health often get huge amounts of political traction. At the same time, no one seems to care what these ornamental trees (that didn't exist here in any significant quantity when I was a kid) are doing to a lot of us unless they are among the people suffering.
    That is true of most things where people are concerned.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    When I was a kid, I had terrible allergies. When I had allergy testing done, the one thing I didn't react to was soy. EVERYTHING else they stuck me with I reacted to. In my twenties, my allergies seemed to not get so bad. By my thirties I didn't need to take daily meds. Now in my mid 40s, and occasional shot of flonase or a zyrtec is all I ever take.

I guess there's always hope you'll grow out of it.:dunno:

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I take fluticasone propriate and zyrtec-d and they've put a dent in my allergies. I'm allergic to basically everything in this state and live in complete mystery from April through October. The biggest game changer for me was First Defense nasal screens. They're barely noticeable, a pair lasts a day, and I haven't sneezed or put a tissue to my nose in a week. I was skeptical at first, but they really do work.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The eye situation has abated significantly. The only thing that was helping was washing my face and eyes and hair frequently.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    bwframe isn't the only hippy here :)

My wife and kids used to have wicked allergies (including sinus infections and bronchitis). We've been using lemon, lavender, and peppermint essential oils for a few years now and they're living clearer than they were on their medications.

It's so nice not hearing the hacking and sniffing and having to deal with kids' behavior issues because their heads are filled with concrete, driving them crazy...

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Reviving this thread because I feel like my face is about to implode. As stated in other threads, I moved here from MA late November of 2019, so still fairly new to the area.

I don’t remember my allergies being bad at ALL last year...fast-forward to the past two days and I literally feel like I’m about ready to cry. The sinus pressure is worse than I think I’ve ever felt before in my life.

Has something bloomed here in Indiana recently that could be causing this? Do I have AIDS or the Wu-Flu instead and am just thinking it’s allergies?

Any other tips/tricks/magic pills than listed above to combat the Midwest version of the Black Plague in the form of allergies?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom