• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    If the company is the manufacturer they can send it to the customer. Like when you get a new pistol and have to send it in for warranty work they can send it back to you and not a FFL.
    As far as keeping it and having the s# ran by some LEO, that may cause some trouble, but you didn't take it, they gave it to you.

OP you did the right thing. I may asked for a good deal on it and keep it.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Don't send me anything like that. I don't want to know how honest I am. I really don't know what I would do. Good for the guy they sent it to. He knows just how honest he is.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    No doubt some people just about crapped bricks when you called in and told them what happened.

A repairer sending a gun back to you after repairs probably doesn't require a background check because they aren't giving the gun to a new person. I bet if you sent a gun to be fixed then asked them to return it to a different address they wouldn't be quite so obliging.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Back when Ruger was new on the 3 screw safety mod my dad, FFL holder, sent a few back.
    One took a long time to return. Winter now starting, went to back porch to get shovel and there was a box from Ruger.
    Who knows how long it sat there...........mailman dropped it off. Could have been weeks, or months.
    Was fine, and IIRC just said SR Industries or something, plain brown box.

Hokey Smokes!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Cool story (OP).
    Certainly an eye opener!
    But IMHO there was no choice to be made.
    Not yours is not yours.

The shock/laugh value of calling them up, was good enough :)
    Good story too, unless you tell it to a lib.

I wouldn't do that LOL.
    Well maybe, if it was a really bad lib, where such a story could cause them to go all Scanners and pop.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Nicely done OP.

I just had a similar experience a month ago. Ordered a Glock Gen 4 trigger from Suarez Tactical. Box shows up and out rolls a trigger and a really nice Ti coated threaded barrel. The receipt was for some poor fellow in Texas. The Trigger was for a Gen 3 not a 4, like I ordered.

I called them, they were a bit taken back at the mistake. The girl I talked to asked if I would hold for a minute. I said yes.

Next person on the line was Gabe Suarez himself. We chatted, he apologized and he asked what Glocks I have. I told him I have a Gen 3 and 4 19.

So he says-Keep the trigger for the Gen 3, I'll email you a return lable and I will make sure to get the Gen 4 trigger sent out today.

I told him thanks, but let me pay for the Gen 3 trigger. He said absolutely not, you called with our mistake. Not a lot would once the barrel fell out. It's my personal way of saying thanks for being honest.

What can I say, I was floored and said thanks very much.

Top Bottom