• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You should have pistol whipped the dip**** to a bloody heap on the floor...
    Then stood over him while he was fading in and out of consciousnesses, and told him next time you are going to threaten someone with death, make damn sure you 1) do it, and 2) they are not more prepared to give it than you are...

Course, I am NOT a Lawyer, nor am I a LEO, and the above might not really be that good of a direction to take the event either...

Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    Glad you didnt have to make that decision but none the less props for keeping your cool and doing the right thing, but as others have said, you do need to rethink your carry situation.
    My buddy mentioned kinda the same thing I have a 1911 and for a while i was leary about carrying locked and loaded (first gun, first time carrying) untill he brought up the you wont have time to chamber a round etc etc, but look into pocket holsters or something, or even an ankle holster.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm glad you didn't have to shoot him, but it sounds like he'd have it coming.

He's probably the same kind of guy that rides with a bandana and no helmet... it'll come around.

Hopefully the organs wasted on him will be usable for someone worthwhile.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Glad you didnt have to make that decision but none the less props for keeping your cool and doing the right thing, but as others have said, you do need to rethink your carry situation.
    My buddy mentioned kinda the same thing I have a 1911 and for a while i was leary about carrying locked and loaded (first gun, first time carrying) untill he brought up the you wont have time to chamber a round etc etc, but look into pocket holsters or something, or even an ankle holster.

I have always carried one in the chamber but I haven't found a pocket holster that makes me comfortable with this gun at work, I have a pocket holster that is fine for use outside of work but when I tried it at work the gun would work it's way out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You should have pistol whipped the dip**** to a bloody heap on the floor...
    Then stood over him while he was fading in and out of consciousnesses, and told him next time you are going to threaten someone with death, make damn sure you 1) do it, and 2) they are not more prepared to give it than you are...

Course, I am NOT a Lawyer, nor am I a LEO, and the above might not really be that good of a direction to take the event either...

Exactly my thoughts on the situation. People who bully their way through life should taste a bit of this medicine from time to time. Pain is a great teaching method and the only one these tools understand.

You are right. Probably not the best way to go.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Did the police check if he had a gun in his car?
    Did he get in trouble for that (maybe carrying a handgun without a LTCH and the threat of getting his gun)?
    If he 'just' got out of the pen, his possession of a firearm could have been a violation of federal and/or state law. Oopsy.

He should have been charged with intimidation, at least. Revoke his probation/parole. A learning moment for him.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I carry a LCP everyday in an office setting with dress pants. Here is another quality pocket holster that works very well: Pocket Holster - Tucker Gun Leather Store. A little pricey, but its hand made and allows clear draws easily. I'd be on the lookout for a return visit from him. Glad things turned out ok for you; in the end, thats what matters.

Well if he comes back with anything but a smile I have my AK47 at my desk....

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Glad everything turned out OK bud..

I bet one of the holster makers here on INGO, (like Hooch Holsters) could make you something similar to this for a pretty reasonable price.

MVC-043F.JPG

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    The action on a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 is good for making someone reconsider their actions in any scenario... Glad everything worked out okay and like stated up thread, be on the look out for a return visit.... Good Luck

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    They did not check, even after I insisted they didn't and before I could protest again the guy started acting up so their attention turned to him.

In the end I'm sure that he has bullied people to get his way in the past and I'm sure he that didn't expect my responce to his threat.

If you had been an LEO then the SWAT team probably would have come out and raided his truck :) lol Just kidding (reference to another thread).

But in all seriousness. He made some pretty serious threats (what with the whole "get my gun I'm going back to then pen" statement. I'm surprised that at the very least they did not check out his truck. Sounds like a report of intimidation or some sort of terroristic threatening charge (not sure what the IN version is) should have been done.

As far a holsters go as others have posted there are a couple good options that would allow you to carry with a round chambered.

Top Bottom