• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Over a fairing? Why not let the idiot go and have the police pick him up for not paying? At least he would have been charged with a crime and you would not have been put in a position to defend yourself.

Isn't that kinda like "why not let the guy rob your house while you watch and then call the police?" If you let a bully just take things he will be back and he will tell his friends.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Over a fairing? Why not let the idiot go and have the police pick him up for not paying? At least he would have been charged with a crime and you would not have been put in a position to defend yourself.
    Letting him go with it would effectively make it a civil matter. He would have to actually steal the motorcycle and or the part for it to be a crime.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Reading this, I am reminded of a time shortly after Basic Training where I was at Chanute for training and there was this kid shining shoes at the PX. My buddy had just gotten this great shine put on his boots and he kinda made a joke about not paying for it. This kid was quite prepared for just that situation. In an instant, he pulled out a wire brush and held it right up against my buddy's boot and said, "That would't be a good idea" We all got a good laugh out of it and of course, the kid got paid.

I'm thinking that standing in front of the bike with a crow bar and saying, "Sure, you can take the bike, but the faring won't look near as pretty when you leave as it does now." might have made "an impact" on him?

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    OP, well done.

Check out Remora Holsters. They are nice a sticky on the outside, and unlikely to work its way out of a pants pocket. I like them.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Isn't that kinda like "why not let the guy rob your house while you watch and then call the police?" If you let a bully just take things he will be back and he will tell his friends.

Robbing my house? That is a different story, but the point is taken. :)

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Letting him go with it would effectively make it a civil matter. He would have to actually steal the motorcycle and or the part for it to be a crime.

If he did not pay for the fairing and rode off would that not be considered theft? :dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I notice you didn't refute my statement though...
    There are to many persons that have told me that I am an Ass for me to even try to argue my way out of it...

Now I wear it like a Badge of Honor, especially in todays society of Politically Correct Nancy Boys... ;)

Top Bottom