• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    He racked the slide on his pocket gun in direct response to an order from dirtbag 1 to dirtbag 2 to go get a gun out of the truck.

I'm thinking no such provocation would have been forthcoming had there been a LEO in attendance.
    You would think so but surprisingly there are no shortages of dipwads willing to run their mouths regardless of who is present. Lol

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Were you in fear for your life when you whipped it out and chambered that round?

Because I am surprised that the big burly biker man didn't faint at the mere sound of the slide rack.

You sir played your cards too early and unless his retarded friend took a step towards this imaginary or real gun, I would have expected LEO's to bend you over as the threat was not an active one.

I understand that there was the beginning of a threat but until you fear for you life drawing a weapon for whatever reason is an escalating event.
    Just my .02 here as I understand the laws.

If you had reason to draw (which you admitted doing) then you went to guns too soon.

I hate bullies and douchebags but being a tool is not a crime. Saying hold my tooth son is not a reason to draw.

If you had a round chambered then you would only have to place your hand on the gun in preparation for his next moves. Instead you waved your johnson in his face then zipped up halfway.

That's the truth, truth!

Thankfully all ended well and you didn't get some shiny new bracelets to wear for a lapse in judgement.

Address all hate mail to my address on file.

Do you have to wait for the person to fire a round your way before you respond? I see nothing wrong with what happened here. At what point does one have to wait to respond? Also, there are different levels of responses. I think getting ready to go into battle, after a clear threat that someone is going to get a gun and use it in some criminal fashion, is very reasonable. If a person doesn't want to carry a round in the chamber, so be it. They have every right to prepare for battle to defense themselves from a very soon occurring life threatening situation.

As far as getting locked up, one what charge would the OP be locked up? He removed a pistol, chambered a round. If anyone is going to be locked up for intimidation, it would be the customer.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Lmao. Never a shortage of delusional tools here either.

Keep high giving him so next time he pulls it out to chamber a round over smack talk someone pops a round in his head because there are people that don't wait to see if their gun causes a radical change in attitude or behavior. No you shouldn't hesitate until a round comes your way. Simply put is if I see a gun coming out. I am in the race to hit that person with every round I can before he gets that gun out and chambered. Dead men tell no tales so I get to write history and say this. No your honor, I have no idea why that man started to draw his gun. I cannot imagine what he was thinking but as soon as I saw that gun, I knew it was my life or his. I am terribly sorry he died. But clearly it was self defense. No I never mentioned going back to Penn State later. Just ask hubba my buddy.

Well u see how that would play out but refuse to admit it. So enjoy the day and stay cool.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    No I never mentioned going back to Penn State later. Just ask hubba my buddy.

Well u see how that would play out but refuse to admit it. So enjoy the day and stay cool.

:rolleyes:

I get your point, but you are going way off into outer space here. A likely punk/thug brings his bike to a place of retail business. Magically, an employee of that business just decides, without any provocation, to pull a gun and shoot a customer? Please. I guess under your theory, the customer gets to kill everyone else, because there were many witnesses in this instance. Penn State...:rolleyes:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Not every intimidation wanna be starts out belligerent. Imagine someone quietly but seriously saying what the douche actually said. The events play out exactly as I rewrote and every other witness killed thug after he shoots our hero the shop manager in the chest. Both are now dead because someone didn't carry with a round in the chamber and tipped his hand early trying to correct that situation or display that he was not a helpless sheep.

There is little difference between what he did and the gangstas who lift their hoodies up to show the gun shoved down their pants as an intimidation display.

I agree there was a threat I'm just saying until someone moved for a weapon or advanced on him physically, his gun should have remained holstered, pocketed or wherever until that threat hit that level. His only real mistake was trying to correct his carry "compromise" instead of staying committed to his carry method. In essence it was either an attempt to get back ahead of the curve because he realized he had a paperweight in his pocket without a round in the chamber. Or he counted on that mythic unicorn the slide rack or shotgun pump action to save his bacon.

I've been exactly where he was in this situation except my gun was home and the disgruntled customer was a european immigrant swinging a hammer at my mechanic. But in reality the douche bag was conveniently missing every swing in the hopes we would lay hands on him so he could sue the business. All because people try to get something for nothing and are devious little jackaloupes.

So yeah just commit to your carry method or make/buy a behind the trigger block safety device for those types of unconventional carry. So you don't need to be behind the curve when this happens again.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sounds like the guy didn't here about the outcome of the douche that shot the guy over the stereo. The victims mistake was that he announced that he was going to "get a gun" in spite of the guy that already had one.

Not comparing the two cases just thinking it isn't very wise to announce that you are "going to get a gun".

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have a holster I got off ebay. Its called a Sticky Pocket Holster and works great. Even wearing cargo shorts the pistol has never slipped out no matter the physical activity I'm doing. I never carry without a round in the chamber.........

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I ran an automotive shop for 20 years so I can trell you that I have delt with more A-Holes in the 14 months that I have been running the motorcycle service dept then I did in the 20 years at the automotive shop.

I did not point the weapon at him and I turned away from him as I chambered the round so it would be hard to prove intimidation plus we have surveillance audio and video to show my innocence. :D

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I just wanted to share an experiance I had the other day......... We had a guy come to pick up his bike and he almost left in a body bag.

We close at 5pm on Fridays so this guy shows up at 4:45 and starts going on about how he hates the fairing that we installed for him, never mind that he picked it out and looked at it when it can in.

We told him that we would push his bike into the shop untill he decided what he wanted us to do. He got on his bike and took his key so that we couldn't move it. Next he started saying that he wasn't paying for it and that we were going to give him his bike now. Then one of the owners came out and tried to talk to him but he didn't want to hear about a solution......as it escalted he took it to the next level.

He told a friend that was with him to go get his gun out of his truck, he was going to be going back to the pen.....at this point I took 2 steps back pulled my 380 out of my pocket and chambered a round and put it 1/2 way back into my front pocket with my hand firmly gripping it with my finger alongside the trigger.

By the look on his friends face you could see that he was through with his buddies game....shortly after this happened IMPD showed up, I told them that I was armed and they asked where it was and I told them in my pocket and that I had my permit in my billfold, they didn't disarm me and turned their attention to the man.

In the end the man did not have the money to pay for the work we had done and he had to call someone to come and pay for the bike.

BTW I was not the only armed employee there.

I will nip this in the bud....at work I carry my .380LCP in my front pocket without a round in the chamber because when I'm working around the bikes there are too many things to snag the trigger on and a holster make it stick out like a sore thumb.

Just thought that I would share........

Frontal lobotomy.....thats what some of these people need.

Speaking and acting before thinking, happens way to often.

Top Bottom