• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    You got a good deal. Assuming good condition, they typically go for 2-3 times that on Gunbroker. Give it a thorough cleaning then try a variety of ammo and I bet you will find one that shoots very well for you. With a little internet searching you can find both target style aperture sights and scope mounts for the old Mossies.

Good to hear. I did a bit of research on it when I got back, and am pleased, especially considering I had no idea what I was really looking at while in the shop. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to the range on Thursday or Friday this week to put some rounds through it. I'm planning on cleaning it up a bit, maybe refinishing the stock, and possibly tossing an optic on.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Those old Mossbergs are really under appreciated and great values. Here's a website with just about any parts you can want for your Mossberg including modern scope mounts. Prices are reasonable too.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Was able to get up to Indy Arms today and ran about 250 rounds through the Mossberg, as well as my Makarov. Mossberg ran flawlessly, and given my limited skills, iron sights, and shooting primarily offhand, did quite well. The rifle is definitely far more accurate than I am. After the trip, I'm leaning against an optic, but if a rear peep sight pops up at an ok price, I may treat myself. For $90 it's a fun little plinker that stands out a bit among the more common modern .22's.

Top Bottom