• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bobcat Armament is also a short drive down 74. Great prices on reloading stuff too if you are into that. And he does special orders as well. (no special order fees if you can be patient and have him bundle your special item in with his normal freight shipment)

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I usually buy a box of carry ammo (if they have what I need) when I visit a gun shop that I like, even though I know I can get a better price online.

You mean like 50 round boxes of 124 and 147 grain HST, standard pressure 230 grain HST and 8 pellet reduced recoil flight control? Cough...Cough.... Almost like someone is influencing a shop to stock the good stuff.

Right. Was there a thread that discussed the pricing changes in HST and 20 vs 50 rnd boxes a while back? The good stuff.

Need to p/u a jug of W-760 so I'll give my LGS a look for 147 HST's.

:ingo:

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I don't get how people think Wal_mart has the best prices on ammo. They do have the best price on Shotgun Shells. But I get much better prices online on other ammo and usually with a free shipping code. So when I also take into account my travel time and cost for gas it's really a lot cheaper for me to buy online.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't get how people think Wal_mart has the best prices on ammo. They do have the best price on Shotgun Shells. But I get much better prices online on other ammo and usually with a free shipping code. So when I also take into account my travel time and cost for gas it's really a lot cheaper for me to buy online.

I just haven't seen prices like Walmart's at many retail stores; I probably just go to the wrong ones. I remember being a student at IU Bloomington and going to MC Sports. I used to get boxes of 7.63 x 39 for $1.99 each. I wish I had the money then that I do now. My God.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    (I apologize if this is a duplicate...I promise I searched before creating the thread)

Other than Rural King, what other retailers are good options? Since the demand for cheap ammo isn't disappearing, who do you think will capitalize off Walmart's voluntary loss of market share?

How are Rural King prices. I haven’t bought there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    Our Dunhams has a ton of inventory but their ammo at our store is extremely expensive.
    Sign up for "coupons" and sales. Usually competitive prices then from what I have found. I never buy at regular price. Picked up 2 boxes of 124gr Blazer brass 9mm for $17 a few weeks back for example.

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    I help at Bite the Bullet in Seymour. I try not to reference the name of the shop to much on INGO. Just trying to be polite. Mark, the owner, is a stand up guy. Yeah we get the normal they didn’t offer enough for my trade and I can get it online cheaper types of remarks. But that is the nature of a brick and mortar store. I would have to look at the price on a 1000 round case or 124 grain federal AE, but I don’t think it is out of line for some good bulk ammo.

Seymour? I'll stop by the next time I'm in town to visit the parents. Be nice to throw some $$'s to my hometown shop.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    When I buy online it is from SGAmmo. People also mentioned TargetSports and LuckyGunner.

What is wrong with the local gun shop? Seriously guys? I help my friend part time at his gun shop and he is a good dude, goes to church, has two kids, supports local schools and the gun club. He sells 9mm for $10 a box just like WalMart. Let’s say it is a buck more a box, not like that will break up 99% of people buying ammo. Most people consider 500 rounds to be A LOT. It’s like driving all over town or waiting in a 15 minute line to save 3 cents on a gallon of gas, my time and convenience is worth more then saving $0.40 on a fillup.

I wouldn't mind buying from a local shop and do IF they have what I'm looking for, but the ones closest to me have a limited selection. Closest one with a decent inventory is about an hour drive in a direction I don't go very often. If I'm in the area, yeah, I stop in. Otherwise for me its either internet or since I'm in Owensboro fairly regularly, Academy.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Somebody mentioned shotgun shells. You just can’t beat WalMart unfortunately for cheap shotgun shells.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    RK is the last option in town. Sucks. Traildust, gone. MC Sports, dead. Dicks, they hate the 2A more than Walmart.

There's a reason I buy all my commodity calibers online now.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I have purchased from TargetsportsUSA in bulk several times because of the great shipped pricing, but now that they too are dinging me for tax. (Thanks Amazon/Ebay) I have been ordering from a local shop for virtually the same price. The local guy makes a few bucks, Uncle Sam still gets his $ and everyone's happy. Check with your local folks, you might be surprised what kind of a deal you can get if you order 1k or more especially. :twocents:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Although Im not happy about WMs new postion overall on guns, I am very pleased they are discontining most ammo. The reason being is these sales will transition to other retailers that are more 2A friendly and LGS. Walmart wont miss the money one bit, but to small business owners it can make a big difference. I have no problem spending a few dollars more per box to support other 2A friendly businesses. Personally I buy a lot of my ammo from Cabelas due to close proximity to my house and availibility of what I need. Prices may not always be the best compared to online but reasonable.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Unfortunately I think a lot of LGS are their own worst enemy. Too many gouge their own customers, raise prices during panic buys etc.
    They dont deserve my money.

True those Dealers do not deserve $
    Places like BobCat DO...

As a matter of fact, INGO deserves Your $$ as a Site Supporter....Just saying...Bill.

Top Bottom