• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My question to the OP is this. Why do you care so much about what other people do? They have the right to say what they want. If that bothers you, get over it. Your posts remind of a little kid that tells on everyone, just saying.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    innanep.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    No surprise reoccurring theme in the comments about using INGO for the classifieds. The kind of people that join and right off start complaining about the 50 post rule. Most of them dont want to belong to a community they just want to make a buck. Shallow type personalities that are really of little use to forum where ideas are exchanged.

I used to belong to other forums. Found them hollow and without substance, I moved on and never looked back.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    No surprise reoccurring theme in the comments about using INGO for the classifieds. The kind of people that join and right off start complaining about the 50 post rule. Most of them dont want to belong to a community they just want to make a buck. Shallow type personalities that are really of little use to forum where ideas are exchanged.

I used to belong to other forums. Found them hollow and without substance, I moved on and never looked back.

So, you are saying that if someone just wants to sell guns or other items. They should just stay away from forums? Some people are just not into forums. As long as they do not bother anyone, what is the big deal?

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    My question to the OP is this. Why do you care so much about what other people do? They have the right to say what they want. If that bothers you, get over it. Your posts remind of a little kid that tells on everyone, just saying.
    Edited by me for my own stupid comment

Last edited:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    And which guy were you on that post bashing INGO?
    And I guess flag burning and protesting dead soldiers is ok because they are just expressing themselves.

Okay......you had me until that little doozy of a sensational post.

Comparing the two is ridiculous........and pathetic.

We live in a "free" country......deal with it.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I'll be the weird guy who admits that INGO is not his favorite site. It is ok but when too many of the people that I liked to chat with got banned and started their own site I started hanging out over there more often. I still get on here occassionally because I have friends that hang out here too, but it is not my favorite site.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I have to apologize for my prior post, I did not mean to offend,I had gotten defensive about a comment made and felt that I was being attacked. My sincere apologizes.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    So, you are saying that if someone just wants to sell guns or other items. They should just stay away from forums? Some people are just not into forums. As long as they do not bother anyone, what is the big deal?

Yeah, I think we tend to forget that while the number of people who own firearms in this country are quite significant, only a small percentage are So-Much-Into-Their-Gun that they feel the need to join forums and talk about them. Sorta like the number of folks in the country who own hammers vs the number that feel the need to join forums and talk about their hammers and hammering technique... for thousands of posts.

For me? Guns (and knives and metal coolers and flashlights and old lanterns and motorcycles) are a "Special Interest." That's the wife's term: Special Interest.

There are thousands upon millions of people in the world whose gun/knife/old lanterns/metal cooler/flashlight/motorcycle usage range from the dirt cheap / uninformed to the guys who made an informed decision and bought the best with no looking back. No need or desire to talk about it, second guess it, learn about other options or derive pleasure from just hearing about other peoples experience with their gun/knife/old lanterns/metal cooler/flashlight/motorcycle.

Me? I do.

I think it is helpful to remind myself - my wife does frequently - that not everyone enjoys my Special Interest to the same degree, if at all, as me.

Because someone is not a Gun Hobbyist who spends hours and hours of their life reading about and talking about guns on the internet, does not necessarily mean they are not skilled, proficient gun owners (and sometimes gun professionals.)

Go ask Ed Brown how much time he spends on gun forums and the 'net. ;) Depending on the day and event, he might give quite the colorful answer!

If someone just wants to buy/sell on a hobbyist forum without being a participating hobbyist, then a $10-15 option sounds sane.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Guys, understand this, INGO does not own anyone. Everyone who joins this site can choose to join other sites if they want; it's a free country.

The mods on INGO have not been 100% right when dealing with everyone. I can say that it's never been malicious or intentional. And there are a number of members - current and former - who choose to do things that make moderating difficult at times. Do we like it? NO! Can we make everyone like us or INGO in general? NO!

We don't desire nor need anyone's loyalty beyond acting in a way that reflects positively on INGO and its members while posting on INGO. We can't and would not expect to control what people do outside of here. The only thing we ask is when you post on INGO, act according to the rules set forth by the owner. If that can't be done, yes, we will invite you to leave. Doing this sometimes causes contention and "bad press," but we deal with it. We really don't care what is said about INGO on other boards, just as long as other boards (any other boards) are not trashed on INGO. If that happens we will make a correction.

If people want to join INGO for the classifieds, that is perfectly fine. They will get their 50 posts or pay the site supporter fee and sell/buy away. There is nothing wrong with that. I've bought plenty of things from people who tell me that they never post, but like to read. That is just fine. Everybody is not the same.

INGO is growing strong and we want to make sure it continues to fulfill the mission and purpose established by Fenway. Many people joke about the internet being "serious business," but in many cases it's true. People who used to shoot together and hang out no longer do so because of stuff posted on gun forums. People no longer do business with others because of what's posted on gun forums. People hold allegiances to what they hold dear and don't appreciate seeing it trashed, but that is life. Some will trash things they don't appreciate and nothing can be done about it. So, really, all I/we can do is ensure we don't get in the mud and do the same thing.

Last edited:

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Fenway and his sorry little band of wannabe-poser ninja uber-tactical modzis.

Gee, what does Fenway and the uber-tactical mods have to do to get any respect?

I, otoh, think INGO is groovy! :ingo:

Top Bottom