• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You're welcome. Thank you for asking. Too many times, people make assumptions or accusations and never bother to just ask.

+1

Our old policy of keeping member discipline between just the member and Staff sometimes added to those assumptions. Now that we have a more open policy we can be more clear on the actions that are taken.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have specifically asked you a question via PM as to not clutter a thread and received no response:dunno:

Just sayin'

Really? That would be unusual. Was it recent? Perhaps you can resend it. I get a lot of PMs and it's entirely possible that I missed it. I try very hard to answer every PM I receive.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Really? That would be unusual. Was it recent? Perhaps you can resend it. I get a lot of PMs and it's entirely possible that I missed it. I try very hard to answer every PM I receive.

No.....it was towards the beginning of your beer snobs thread. It's no big deal really......I know you get tons of pm's. I'd resend it but my inbox needed some space.....like I said.....no biggie:)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    No.....it was towards the beginning of your beer snobs thread. It's no big deal really......I know you get tons of pm's. I'd resend it but my inbox needed some space.....like I said.....no biggie:)

I apologize for not responding to you. As I said, I try to respond to all my PMs.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    He wasn't being banned. His access to the classifieds was temporarily restricted for violating INGO's terms-of-service. Specifically, trolling.

He bumped his ad early. When a staff member politely PM'ed him about it (NOT infracted him, I might add), he ran over to INS to start a thread complaining about it. As part of that thread, an effort was mounted to troll INGO. During that process, he again bumped his ad in violation of the Classified rules. The participants involved had their access revoked as noted above. When he asked why, he was told. He didn't like the answer. When he sent another message again demanding more information, he rage-quit when we didn't respond fast enough for him. He cannot claim innocence and that he was "banned for someone else's actions" because that is patently false. At no time were his PM's either ignored or lacking a response (except for the last, as noted).

Of course not.

You were misinformed.

I have a question. How would you know this happend? Unless a mod or member here had an account on INS as well, keeping a tab on what is said. To me, that is just childish. How is that any better then what mods/members refer to as trolling INGO?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    How would you know this happend? Unless a mod or member here had an account on INS as well, keeping a tab on what is said.

I believe all of the members there are also members here. I don't believe this is odd nor uncommon.

We knew it happened because they openly talked about it there, and then implemented it here.

To me, that is just childish. How is that any better then what mods/members refer to as trolling INGO?

I'm not sure if you know the definition of trolling.

As INGO Mods we can only respond to what happens on INGO. Because the trolling happened on INGO we took action on INGO. Obviously we can't respond to things that happen on other boards-- that's for their Staff to handle.

Would you consider grown adult men planning to unnecessarily "bump" a classified ad on another site, for the sole purpose of "pissing off the Mods", as a childish act? Have you ever seen the reverse happen?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I believe all of the members there are also members here. I don't believe this is odd nor uncommon.

We knew it happened because they openly talked about it there, and then implemented it here.

I'm not sure if you know the definition of trolling.

As INGO Mods we can only respond to what happens on INGO. Because the trolling happened on INGO we took action on INGO. Obviously we can't respond to things that happen on other boards-- that's for their Staff to handle.

Would you consider grown adult men planning to unnecessarily "bump" a classified ad on another site, for the sole purpose of "pissing off the Mods", as a childish act? Have you ever seen the reverse happen?

I'm saying that people who are taddle tails are no better. It's not my forum and not my rules. I just do not think there is a place for rats.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    So you take issue with those who report rules violations, but not those who break the rules?

No, I'm saying that people who rat on others for what is said on other forums is childish. I have no control of how things are handled here, not my place. I see rats as no better then people who violate the rules of said forum. No matter if I agree with it or not.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    No, I'm saying that people who rat on others for what is said on other forums is childish.

I'm curious how you feel about people planning such trolling on other sites and then implementing it here. Do you consider that childish?

If you were in charge of your own website, would you want people using your site to plan things like that?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I'm curious how you feel about people planning such trolling on other sites and then implementing it here. Do you consider that childish?

If you were in charge of your own website, would you want people using your site to plan things like that?

Me personally I would want someone to be a stand up guy and tell me that someone was going to be an asshat like that.:twocents:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    No, I'm saying that people who rat on others for what is said on other forums is childish.

Still curious.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    "taddle" tails...LOL! Sorry, it just made me laugh. Don't tattle on me, please.

I guess I just don't get the problems being perceived here by some. It's a privately owned forum. They get to make the rules. If it's so bad here, just go to one of the many others and have a free for all.

It's not like the rules are tyrannical. They're reasonable. Just live within them and have a really fun time. May I suggest "Bragging Rights" or "Disregard" for your reading pleasure? It will change any mood from foul to frivolous in a few posts.

Top Bottom