Am I the only one excited about the new 10 MM..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Armchair Operator made me shoot his Glock 20 10mm last year. I was shockingly surprised at how the polymer frame sucked up the recoil. I hit every piece of steel I aimed at. The gun didn't shoot a lot different than a 9mm Glock.

I didn't give much of a hoot for 10mm, but I could see owning one for deer and pigs and bears and Buicks and such.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    You are probably not the only one, but I've not even looked into getting a 10mm because I don't care for hammer fired guns and already have a Glock 21 that I can run .45 Super through if I want to equal 10mm power.

For a dedicated 10mm striker gun, though, I'd take this over a Glock 20. I don't particularly care for grip safeties, but at least in my hand, the XDm ergonomics are far superior to the fat G20/G21. I will wait for more real-world reviews vs. the G20, but I'm betting that the XDm handles the recoil a lot more comfortably due to the ergonomics.

I knew something seemed a little off, thanks for the reminder, I meant 20 not 21 :ugh:

The Springfield polymer frames always seemed slick to me. At the same time the finger ridges on glocks have always been ehhh to me too

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    .....Just like the reviewer, I don't get the slide cut out..... Would make a great hog hunter! Hmm...

The slide cut out on the 9mm, .40 and .45 5.25" models was to make the slide the same weight at the 4.5" model. It is intended to be a competition pistol so the lighter slide cycles faster.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Any new innovation to the "world" is A-OK with me.

But y'all can have your tall-slide-profile pistols and stupid grip safeties. I don't like 'em.

I would like a G20 one of these days, however...just because.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Is there an expiration date on this moral outrage, or are we still boycotting Ruger and S&W as well? I can't keep up.

Its been less than a year I am comfortable keeping up my moral outrage for some time to come, if you aren't outraged by their behavior than reward them for it by giving them your money and give them reason to repeat it

Top Bottom