• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I watched the episode where they took the helicopter out to some guy's house who was looking to "invest" some money in some firearms.

Reality shows are not really my cup o'tea so to speak but I hope that their show does well just because it's firearm related and I'd like to see more firearm related shows on television.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    Fake fun bags, not something you want to get from the bargain bin.

:laugh: I can't look at [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] those, without doing this :laugh:

wyatts-store-306.jpg

renee-wyatt-american-guns.jpg

Catfish33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Clifford, In
    Yeah I am a machinist and I cringed when he started drilling the hole in that brass for the hand cannon without even using a center drill first. And who the hell owns a lathe without a tooling post so you can use a boring bar to turn things to size? AND they should have used a breech plug in that barrel instead of BOLT I mean come on guys. That gun shop is nothing more than a crappy blacksmiths shop. That volley gun they built made me throw up in my mouth a little.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yeah I am a machinist and I cringed when he started drilling the hole in that brass for the hand cannon without even using a center drill first. And who the hell owns a lathe without a tooling post so you can use a boring bar to turn things to size? AND they should have used a breech plug in that barrel instead of BOLT I mean come on guys. That gun shop is nothing more than a crappy blacksmiths shop. That volley gun they built made me throw up in my mouth a little.

I thought that was a little chincey myself also:n00b:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    YES my feelings exactly

So I finally got a chance to watch American Guns on tv.. only 10 minutes in and I'm already very dissapointed. They are building a "hand cannon" for a guy, and using a muzzleloader as a host. Great concept, but they cut the barrel with a hacksaw in a vice, then drill some brass round on a lathe without any centering at all.

Maybe its just me but wow.. I don't even consider myself a novice in a machine shop, but if my boss saw me doing that he'd toss me into the mill head first. How in the world is this guy considered a gun smith?
    :noway:

I thought the same thing when I heard what they intended to do.

Top Bottom