• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    These shows all have the same problem as far as I'm concerned.......
    WAY TOO muck BLAH, BLAH, BLAH ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    And NEVER enough meat. We love guns, we want to see guns being built and shot. Is it really that hard to figure out.
    Just like the old Ladies in the Wendy's commercial....
    WHERE'S THE BEEF!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!!?

See, but the show isn't made for us. It is made for the general dumbed down tv watcher.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    they still can make a SMALL amount of effort to make the show real. duracoat takes three weeks to fully cure, but they had it done in just a few days.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Did anyone actually say the daughter was 16? or even under 18?

I'm asking because she said, and they implied/showed, that she carries. Now, does that mean that she carries off private property or that she only carries in the shop? Wouldn't she have to be at least 21 (in Colorado)?

BTW, the show sucks but I still have a dozen (non-gunny) coworkers walking up to me all the time and asking me if I've seen this cool new show called "American Guns?" I suppose if it gets them interested I have to say, "Whatever."

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    It's just like Sons of Guns in the speed aspect, every customer needs everything in a day. It looks like a nice shop, more aproachable than Red Jacket for sure. It's cool that it's a family operation as well but I agree with everyone else that the mom and daughter could wear normal clothes and I would be ok with it. :):

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Anyone wanna bet how many more episodes are on before those American Chopper show douches show up? Or worse the Sons of Guns rejects.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute

I'm asking because she said, and they implied/showed, that she carries. Now, does that mean that she carries off private property or that she only carries in the shop? Wouldn't she have to be at least 21 (in Colorado)?

BTW, the show sucks but I still have a dozen (non-gunny) coworkers walking up to me all the time and asking me if I've seen this cool new show called "American Guns?" I suppose if it gets them interested I have to say, "Whatever."

She's 17. Per her bio on Discovery.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    The show is fun to watch. The numbers never add up or reconcile with reality. The helicopter is kitschy but would nullify any profit on the deals they have done so far.

I agree...they must be rolling in money to afford a helicopter.
    It is a better show than Sons of Guns.
    I thought mounting the 2 pistols on that idiots car was stupid.
    Especially for 8-10 thousand dollars. I hope the cars owner knows how to clean the bugs out of the barrels when the guns get dirty.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    When they built the hand cannon....I have one more question...how did the owner expect to place the barrel into a round hole without turning it down first?

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin

Said she wasn't old enough o get a tattoo...

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I find it entertaining, which is what it is supposed to do.
    I think he is way over priced on the guns I have seen him sell.
    I did notice that a knife, gold coin, or silver bar always knocks thousands off the price on guns he is buying.
    Just like American Pickers I'll watch it for awhile then loose interest.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Thanks. I saw all I wanted to see last night and wasn't interested in chasing down the bios. I just noticed that the daughter was carrying in the shop and didn't know if she had carried off property.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I find it entertaining, which is what it is supposed to do.
    I think he is way over priced on the guns I have seen him sell.
    I did notice that a knife, gold coin, or silver bar always knocks thousands off the price on guns he is buying.
    Just like American Pickers I'll watch it for awhile then loose interest.

I think it is more like, i will throw in some silver, a knife, and a producer will kick in the rest so they can make the show.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Show is pretty much Pawn Stars but with guns.

No way the daughter is old enough to carry off property.

12k for an M107????? OUCH

Last edited:

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I had to change the channel when he jumped in the helicopter with a stack of cash to make a deal on some old Winchesters. Too yuppie for me.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I KNOW Will and the boys are hamming it up for the camera, so its tolerable. But this bunch?!? Nope. They just ooze single season losers. And I agree the helo is overkill. "Get to ze choppa!". There. Bet some of you thought I was gonna miss THAT gratuitous "choppa" reference, dincha?

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    So I finally got a chance to watch American Guns on tv.. only 10 minutes in and I'm already very dissapointed. They are building a "hand cannon" for a guy, and using a muzzleloader as a host. Great concept, but they cut the barrel with a hacksaw in a vice, then drill some brass round on a lathe without any centering at all.

Maybe its just me but wow.. I don't even consider myself a novice in a machine shop, but if my boss saw me doing that he'd toss me into the mill head first. How in the world is this guy considered a gun smith?
    I probably wouldnt toss him into the mill,although I would instruct him in proper and efficent use of lathe cutoff tools and had him crown the muzzle while the barrel was set up in the lathe.I saw the show also,when I saw the hacksaw come out my first thought was WTF are they teaching in gunsmith school.This brought back memories of the last time I had a gunsmith work on one of my guns,I had a Ruger MKII barrel shortened.The gun came back with 3 chuck marks on the barrel and the front sight popped off after about 50 rounds.I do my own work now, thank you.I'm not bashing all gunsmiths,just the ones that dont treat the guns they are working on as their own.:ar15:

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    They may be gunsmiths...which I am not. I am a master machinist...which they are not.
    Example: When they were making the hand cannon...They used epoxy to glue the barrel into the brass. They were correct that they couldn't leave the barrel a couple of thousands bigger and press it into the brass. What they could have done is heated the brass with a torch and shrunk it on or packed the barrel in dry ice so it would shrink and then place it into the brass. I used this method many times to put steel sleeves into aluminum holders. One other thing...they drilled a 14 inch long piece of brass all the way through...the hole isn't going to be perfectly straight. I guess it didn't matter on what they were building.
    One other thing...I couldn't believe that some idiot would spend about $1300 to have something like that built.
    I agree,there are usually more than one way to skin a cat,but these guys used a butter knife and a chainsaw:laugh:

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    We watch the show. My 13yo son is very knowledgeable on firearms, we dabble with machine tools and gunsmithing.

Now I have a 15 YO daughter, it is tough to get appropriate dress on them,

but...... You hold a open house for Bikers. Then you throw in a sales contest between the boy (Kyle) who has talent and knowledge of guns, and the daughter who is bubbly, shows skin, and carries the pooch everywhere. I felt bad the Kyle.

Looks like the wife requires a lot of "maintenance" to keep the shop running.

The scene at family shoot where he grabs the colt python and starts yelling out it's attributes to the camera was insane.

Top Bottom