• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There is so much of our country to see that I don't understand why anyone would want to leave it.

I consider myself fairly well traveled in the lower 48, and I haven't even passed through every state much less stayed and explored each one.

Uh, because our country is filled with Americans, all with a common history and similar experiences.

Let me tell you, you don't appreciate freedom till you spend time in a country that's only had it in the recent generation. Or in a country where they don't have it.

Foreign travel makes you a more rounded and better informed individual.

This, of course, excludes all-inclusive resorts and cruise ship which are merely isolated bubbles of hedonism.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Uh, because our country is filled with Americans, all with a common history and similar experiences and is the greatest place on this good earth. Why go anywhere else?

american-eagle-gif-6.gif

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I just had a business idea!

Tours of Afghanistan, Iraq, and any Stan you wanna visit.

Come smell the goats in Kandahar!

Visit the Iranians on the Iraqi border!

Travel to run down airfields in Uzbekistan and see how Communist did things!

Brad adventurous tours is ready to take you places most are paid to go !

Note: No tours to “hooker hill” in Korea due to disease, No tours to Dominican Republic too dangerous.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Uh, because our country is filled with Americans, all with a common history and similar experiences.

Let me tell you, you don't appreciate freedom till you spend time in a country that's only had it in the recent generation. Or in a country where they don't have it.

This, of course, excludes all-inclusive resorts and cruise ship which are merely isolated bubbles of hedonism.

This is spot on

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Yeah, but what FINE hedonism it is!!!

He DOES make it sound kind of dirty doesn't he?:rockwoot:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    That's why it is easier for us, who are born from other countries, to see that there are tons of unappreciative and entitled people here in US. This country is so rich with opportunities that with hardwork, you have a huge chance to succeed. The American dream is alive and well, unappreciative people just can't see that.

Plus, my friends and their families just came back from an all inclusive resort in DR. Uneventful other than being full and drunk.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Nope that doesn’t work, they just come back here and want to make it like the place they visited. (Californians in Arizona for example)

So do others that come to Indiana and go back and try to make their home country/state more like here?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've left the U.S. too many times. Not ever leaving again. I know how good we have it here. I keep my passport renewed just in case someone I know needs help because they didn't listen to me and they traveled to a ****hole and got into big trouble.
    The U.S. consulates and embassies overseas wont do ****.

I dont need to list all of the countries but we will just say mexico for example. If you travel there, you just made a stupid decicion. Maybe nothing will happen, but if it does, you did it to yourself. I hope no one has to watch their wife get raped by a tribe of guys before they behead you. They'll keep her for many more guys for as long as she lasts then bury her in the desert. Happens all the time. And you wont be able to do ****. But know its your fault.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    "The common thread with everybody that did get sick is that they swam in the swim-up bar pool and/or they had a drink from the swim-up bar," said Dana Flower, a travel agent for the group, the Central Oklahoma Parrothead Association.
    "So it could be related to that pool."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48665796

The 9 people who died all came to the same hotel with the same pool? I thought they visited different hotels.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There has been poison alcohol there before. Think bathtub gin mixed in with real liquors to save money by the resorts.
    But this sounds like targeted attacks against americans to me.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've left the U.S. too many times. Not ever leaving again. I know how good we have it here. I keep my passport renewed just in case someone I know needs help because they didn't listen to me and they traveled to a ****hole and got into big trouble.
    The U.S. consulates and embassies overseas wont do ****.

I dont need to list all of the countries but we will just say mexico for example. If you travel there, you just made a stupid decicion. Maybe nothing will happen, but if it does, you did it to yourself. I hope no one has to watch their wife get raped by a tribe of guys before they behead you. They'll keep her for many more guys for as long as she lasts then bury her in the desert. Happens all the time. And you wont be able to do ****. But know its your fault.

Last month an American tourist, and 2 French tourists were rescued by French SF in Africa.Two French soldiers died during the raid.

They were in an area controlled by ISIS.

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...-raid-free-tourists-burkina/story?id=62968346

Knowing that people had to die to rescue you when you were told not to go somewhere is probably the worst.

The US department of State clearly tell people not to go there.

Reconsider travel to Burkina Faso due to terrorism, crime, and kidnapping. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ladvisories/burkina-faso-travel-advisory.html

They clearly they that they wont do **** to help.

The U.S. government is unable to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in the listed regions because U.S. government personnel travel to these areas is restricted.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Knowing that people had to die to rescue you when you were told not to go somewhere is probably the worst.

The US department of State clearly tell people not to go there.
    My bet is they expected those people to die rescuing them. Probably not so much as a thank you was proffered. You have far too much faith in the average American “tourist”.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I guess I'm a weirdo that doesn't need to leave America in order to appreciate. I can actually just listen and read about how horrible the rest of the world is without needing to experience it first hand.

I'm not so skeptical that I have to go somewhere awful to believe that it's actually awful.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I guess I'm a weirdo that doesn't need to leave America in order to appreciate. I can actually just listen and read about how horrible the rest of the world is without needing to experience it first hand.

I'm not so skeptical that I have to go somewhere awful to believe that it's actually awful.
    Maybe that's your problem - that you've been lead to believe everywhere is a terrible ****hole.

Not everywhere else is that bad.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    uhhhh you just said that I need to travel in order to appreciate how good America is, but then you tell me the rest of the world really isn't "that" bad.

I think you're sending mixed signals. If you tell me that fire is hot, I don't need to stick my hand in it in order to appreciate not being burned. I'll just take your word for it.

And yes, I'm sure there are nice places in the rest of the world with nice people as well. There are 4 billion of us wondering around on this dirt ball after all. However, we have mountains, plains, swamps, forests, deserts, cities, beaches, islands, oceans, rivers, etc. right here in the good old US of A. We also have a very diverse population. We have affluence, we have poverty, we have liberalism, we have conservatism, we have oppression and we have freedom, all right here. We don't have military occupation oppression, and that's something I don't ever need to experience.

The only thing we don't have is ancient architecture.

Top Bottom