• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I don't work at GM. But who here does not have several hundred 22's? Add to that various shotgun shells and other caliBERS. I am sure most of us here have more than a couple boxes of ammo. And the news stories always say "hundreds of rounds". Well hell, who don't have that in .22? Anyway I just wanted to float the question. Better to be in the know than be sorry.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I apply the same algorithm to estimate my ammo supply that congress uses to forecast the deficit. Hmmm, let's see ... I think ... yessss, the ammo count is 113

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I don't work at GM. But who here does not have several hundred 22's? Add to that various shotgun shells and other caliBERS. I am sure most of us here have more than a couple boxes of ammo. And the news stories always say "hundreds of rounds". Well hell, who don't have that in .22? Anyway I just wanted to float the question. Better to be in the know than be sorry.

You are absolutely right. Better to ask a "dumb" question and take a little INGO heat than learn the hard way.

oh and btw. The equation found in my sig line is the formula I use to determine how many rounds of ammo per weapon.

junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    Going back to the 10000 primers, lol, when I get that low I worry. I can't say 1000 rnds per caliber, but I bet if I averaged it out it would be more. And I ad at least 1 caliber a year.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    You are absolutely right. Better to ask a "dumb" question and take a little INGO heat than learn the hard way.

oh and btw. The equation found in my sig line is the formula I use to determine how many rounds of ammo per weapon.

I've thought of asking more than once what that was. Now I'd love an explanation.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ate that cookie a long time ago. Some ammo and components have been following me around for 40 years.:)

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    If you're referring to the "1000 rds per rifle", as others have said, that is generally their PREFERENCE for the # of rounds to keep on hand (in case of shortage, Clintons, and/or zombies)

I'm limited by space and money AND wife... but I keep at least a few hundred (depending on caliber, usually 400-700 rds of each caliber) rounds on hand, plus reloading materials.

Some states have proposed fixed number limits but I don't know if any of those are currently enacted into law.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    If you are limiting your ammo supply according to what the wife says, you have already lost the battle. :D
    My wife is clueless as to the exact amount of firearms and ammunition I have and I can assure you, she is happier that way.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Ammo? What ammo? I lost that in a tragic boating accident a while back and did not recover. I have zero firearms and zero ammo in the house now. Such a tragic story.....i will talk about it later. Move on.....Nothing to see here.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    If you are limiting your ammo supply according to what the wife says, you have already lost the battle. :D
    My wife is clueless as to the exact amount of firearms and ammunition I have and I can assure you, she is happier that way.
    I recently took a training course. My wife asked if I had enough ammo. I responded that this would put me under 1000 for that caliber. She told me to go ahead and restock.

She doesn't REALLY know how many calibers we have, though. THAT will be the surprise.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I'm not sure if the national fire codes have any weight of the law. However, many states and municipalities have either adopted the codes or have created more restrictive laws on how much one can have in their residence. I'm also uncertain if the code says no more than 50 lbs total or just no more than 50 lbs per magazine.

Looks like Black powder is limited to 50 lbs by the ATF.

State preemption applies to ammo and components as well. So even if municipality "X" has adopted the fire codes, the part that limits ammo components (powder and primer) would be null and void. I'm not sure about the storage part.

Top Bottom