• ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    If you are limiting your ammo supply according to what the wife says, you have already lost the battle. :D
    My wife is clueless as to the exact amount of firearms and ammunition I have and I can assure you, she is happier that way.

I can relate to this. Oh honey i didn't know those were in the back of your closet, how long have you had them? since before we were married:): Dear what is in all those green cans stored in garage and basement. Oh little ammo,ect:):

npwinder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2016
    Kouts
    State preemption applies to ammo and components as well. So even if municipality "X" has adopted the fire codes, the part that limits ammo components (powder and primer) would be null and void. I'm not sure about the storage part.

I'm not really finding anything one way or another on what Indiana may limit. If I'm reading the fire code correctly, and its possible I'm not, It appears that anything about gunpowder, except black powder, has been repealed.

It looks like there's a limit on primers of 750,000 with not more than 100,000 in a pile and piles must be 15 feet apart.

Here's the link from the state site http://www.in.gov/legislative/iac/T06750/A00220.PDF

As for storage, SAAMI endorses the wood magazine code. I'd imagine even if the state/municipalities don't say anything, home insurance policies might. Also looking into the reasoning behind the wood magazine, it seems logical for the code and wouldn't be bad practice required by anyone or not.

Top Bottom