Ammunition Ballistic Test Videos. Velocity and or Ballistic Gel.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I'm surprised the Sellier & Bellot 180gr HP expanded. I would use it for Self-defense if I couldn't find anything else.
    It doesn't have much more velocity than a 40 Short & Weak, but it definitely expanded.
    I can also use the brass for reloading Gold Dot, HST, and my favorite XTP in 10mm.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

AAC 5.56 match ammo tested.

If you want to get a good review on this ammo here it is.

I'm now interested in buying some and doing some testing in 5.56 rifles to see how well it does.

True4ever909

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2023
    fort wayne
    I'm up to my ears in .32 projectiles.
    Years ago I bought a .327 fed/mag revolver and then a rifle.
    I found a deal on hard cast bullets and went nuts.

Months later my house burned down and I lost my reloading room.
    Moved into a place with zero extra room to set up a bench, let alone store components, so I packed everything up and put it in storage.
    I recently closed on a new ( to me) house with more room than I've ever had.
    It's going to be months more before I can move in, but when I do, I already have the "armory" room p

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Inexpensive Winchester White Box 147gr HP are a nice surprise. I think they would be better than a lot of other JHP at its price point.

However my 1st choice is HST then Gold Dot. If for some reason I can't get those and I see these I feel confident they will do the job.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville

This looks like a good hunting round. Possibly home defense as well.
    I'd like to test the accuracy out of my AR-15 16" barrel.

This stuff right here, pure trash. I mean, great for paper, the absolute worst performance I have ever seen on a deer. Maybe I shot a Kevlar wrapped doe with it, but 2 rounds failed to penetrate the rib cage. I never would have believed that was possible. It was like they exploded as soon as they touched the hide. Massive surface tissue damage, but zero penetration. Shots were 60 yards from my galil. I still have 400 rounds, but will only sling them on the range.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This stuff right here, pure trash. I mean, great for paper, the absolute worst performance I have ever seen on a deer. Maybe I shot a Kevlar wrapped doe with it, but 2 rounds failed to penetrate the rib cage. I never would have believed that was possible. It was like they exploded as soon as they touched the hide. Massive surface tissue damage, but zero penetration. Shots were 60 yards from my galil. I still have 400 rounds, but will only sling them on the range.
    In the field report is better than ballistics gel. Thanks for the heads-up.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Yikes! That must be some seriously awful bullet construction to get that type of over expansion out of a 7.62x39 round.

Top Bottom