• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I did not no a 9 mm 1911 is made. my artridus dont let me shoot my 45 as much as I want. I can shoot 9 mm a while before my hand tell me to.stop lol
    I have not ben to a gun shop in a while must be time to go lol.

The 9mm 1911 is a very soft shooting pistol. The slide is fairly easy to rack too.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    thank yyfor the re view. my kid just say that there is a 22 1911 to. I been a round guns my hole life an feel like I am just learning lol.

There are a LOT of different makers of 1911's in .22lr.
    Some of them actually work (shoot).
    Most don't.

Stay away from the Chiappa .22lr 1911, and save yourself some money and headaches.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm not an old guy (yet, but hope to be someday), and to push this a bit further, I've said many times in different threads that I could go to shooting nothing but revolvers and live a perfectly happy life. But if I had to choose between a revolver and 1911... oof that's a tough one. On any given day I could easily pick one over the other. But I'd probably pick the 1911 just because IMO it's an easier design to shoot really well, maintain and keep clean. Ever taken the sideplate off a S&W revolver and see all those little parts and hidden springs?!? Burn marks on the cylinder face, keeping the forcing cone clean... revolvers seem simple enough but they have a lot going on with lots of holes to clean.

I only say all this because when I first started shooting, the two platforms I firmly said I was completely uninterested in were revolvers and 1911s. I've taken lots of twists and turns as I've learned and discovered what works well for me from the days when I couldn't possibly understand why anyone would want something besides a striker-fired polymer pistol. And as someone else said upstream, as much as I absolutely love my CZ pistols, I'd give them up before my 1911s.

As much as it pains me to say so, I’d do the same. I could live a happy life if the only handguns I had for shooting with were my 1911s. And, being completely honest, I sometimes think that I’d be happier if I only owned 1911s than I am now having a mix of shooting irons.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The mouse has seen a unicorn ! Somebody even has a photo of him riding one. :cool:
    Until then, I'll just have to be happy with my Woolly Mammoth grips ... every time I pick up that 1911, it's like shaking hands with a dinosaur !

2Q==
    example-museum-replica-species-Canadian-de-extinction.jpg

Every time I shoot with CM, I actually get to shake hands with a dinosaur.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...And as someone else said upstream, as much as I absolutely love my CZ pistols, I'd give them up before my 1911s.

Thanks to other INGO members, I'm in the fortunate position of never having to make that decision...I have a CZ 1911.:)

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Thanks to other INGO members, I'm in the fortunate position of never having to make that decision...I have a CZ 1911.:)
    Fair. But NOT fair! Yours would be worth holding onto for sure, it's been a while since I've seen a new CZ A1 or A2. I think they were a special/limited edition run and see on the CZ website the A1 was discontinued.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom