• ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Who had that on their bingo card?

New York City has quietly approved a controversial green plan to require pizzerias and matzah bakeries using decades-old wood- and coal-fired stoves to cut their smoky pollutants by 75%.”

“Mayor Eric Adams’ Department of Environmental Protection said the fresh edict takes effect April 27, with some city businesses having already coughed up more than $600,000 for new smoke-eating systems in anticipation of the expected mandate.”

“You are going after pizza? Glorious New York pizza?” groused Mike Dabin in a recent online comment to the city DEP.”

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    "Glorious" NY pizza? IDK about glorious. :coffee:

I'll stick with rolling my own.

1FQYpu1l.jpg

PS... Ignore that veggie topped abomination in the back.:rolleyes:

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    The fireplaces all have reburners or catalytic converters in them now. Expensive precious metal clad catalytic converters that require special cleaning. I better get mine soon with the reburner before they make another change.

I'm sure that's what they will make them do. A catalytic converter that needs cleaned every week because it gets clogged with grease that will then cause fires.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    OR, Break Out of NYC!
    The NYC region seems to have water that is a foundational part of great breads, bagels, and crusts. I have had a couple of restaurant owners tell me that they cannot get a satisfactory bread option in the Midwest. One sold Philly cheesesteaks and had his hoagie buns shipped in from Jersey. A pizza store owner said he couldn’t make dough with near the texture his cousin in NYC could.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The NYC region seems to have water that is a foundational part of great breads, bagels, and crusts. I have had a couple of restaurant owners tell me that they cannot get a satisfactory bread option in the Midwest. One sold Philly cheesesteaks and had his hoagie buns shipped in from Jersey. A pizza store owner said he couldn’t make dough with near the texture his cousin in NYC could.
    so what you're saying is their water is so contaminated its part of the recipe. Got it.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Actually the reverse, so I was told, the chefs believe our water so high in minerals that it affects the structure of breads etc.
    yeah, east coasters love their breads and pizzas. I do not. Wife and I do NOT agree on this and never will. But then again they also believe they are the center of the universe and anyone not there is a mindless simpleton.

Top Bottom